cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to extract data from Non SAP DB in SAP BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have configured 2 Oracle 9i Non SAP DB systems with SAP BW system (SAP BW 7.0 Orace 10g system).

Up till now I have understood that in order to have to integrate Oracle 9i to BW system - TSNNames.ora has to be updated, then create new Logical system, then Create Source system in RSA1 with all the required information (Maintain DBCON table). Create user at Oracle 9i end which will be used for the connection.

When I run a report "RORAMDBC", it shows all the external Oracle DB (configured in DBCON) connection enabled.

When I try to extract/Execute Table/View data in RSA1 [Right Click Source System - Additional Functions - Select Database Tables (3X)]

I get message - There is no table in database system ESAORA

I am able to see the views only which are created in his own schema.

Can anyone tell me if we need to provide any more authorizations or configurations from DB or SAP point of view.

The Table/Views we want to extract belong to SYSADM & we have SELECT Access over these views, but we still not able to view them through SAP.

I can view them If I query at DB level. Does have any constraints to view tables/views of other's schema though we have required authorizations.

Thanks & Regards

Rupali S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rupali,

When you query the remote DB from sqlplus, which user do you login as and do you prefix the username to access the required table?

You can also create a DBLINK and a synonym to access the table from within the database running SAP.

Cheers,

Nisch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisch,

Thanks for your reply.

When I query the remote DB from sqlplus, I login as Below.

SQL:>CONNECT TEST_USER/TEST_USER@ESAPRDUP;

SQL:> SELECT * FROM PS_LNT_CUST_SG_VW;

It gives me output, we are having all views which are owned by SYSADM & TEST_USER has SELECT access.

I believe SYNONYMS are not supported by SAP.

I also tried creating DBLINKS & that did not help SAP extraction issue.

We are having issues only while extracting data in SAP.

Do we have to do any internal coding in BW system so as to extract the data from all the schemas (Universal rights).

Thanks & Regards

Rupali S