cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electricity Power - in BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

My client wants to put the Electricity power as a component in the BOM since power is one of the major consumption material.

I suggested them to add the power cost in the Activity price, but they want to see the variance of power consumption (Plan Vs Actual).

Please suggest me what material type should i select?

Or anyother way to solve this issue?

Thanks & Regards

Bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Balamurugan,

I'm not sure but try out this,

Generally Electricity falls under Pipeline material with material type PIPE.

check the following link for further understanding,

[Pipeline material|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/4d/2b926443ad11d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

on The other hand ,

You can create an activity type say Elec and assign formula through formula parameters.

You can maintain an unit of measure and a value in the routing for each operation for which ever is required.

(provided if you know a rough/exact value of power consumption).

I dont know how far the second answer will be helpful to you.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If they producing the power from their own plant using DGenerators and then using the same for plant usage you can make it as a stock item (l) . You can add it as a component in the BOM and the UOM as KWH.

Earlier i had worked with one cement industry client and we maintained the power as a stock material.

Regards

Pragash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mr. Pragash,

I also faced the same problem as Mr. Balamurugan faced.

You said that "You can add it as a component in the BOM and the UOM as KWH", this is possible when we have a material master for this (Electricity power) material.

Problem is how to create a material master as I am not able to see KWH in Base Unit of Measurement. When I enter KWH in Base UOM, the system troughs an error as "_Unit of measurement KWH is not a commercial unit_", how to solve this problem. Provide me the clear picture.

Please help me, any one.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Akhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Did you find a solution for that? I'm facing with the same problem.

Thanks,

Raneetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala Murugan,

In one of my project, ELECTRICTY is defined as material.

It is added to the BOM.

You have to define it as PIPELINE material.(Material type PIPE).

It can be captured as an activity in std value key or as a parameter in BOM, where u enter this value at the time of confimation.

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

if it is necessary then make it as pipeline material

Regards

AM