cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freight Provisions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally where-ever freight conditions are there, we maintain them in the condition types of the vendor and the same would be carried to the PO. At the time of GR, we can see the following accounting postings

Raw Materials MM 3000

GR/IR clearg.acct.MM -2500

Freight provision -500

At the time of IV, we do MIRO referencing the PO for the the entire amount it suggests and we could see some price variance.

Now we got a requirement where-in the Invoices for the Freight charges would need to be paid seperately when it was presented by different vendor (Freight provider). As we are looking for a more detailed approach, Could someone tell me basically what needs to be done. Do I have to use any partner functions or is there any way to seperate the invoice verification process?

Many thanks in advance,

Kelly

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you are not required to create two vendors.

while doing miro select opton as

1."Goods/Services only" for Invoice entry of Main vendor and

2."Planned Delivery Cost" for Freight vendor.

Regards,

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've tried your solution and it works fine. The only problem is, what if the freight vendor's are many for the same goods supplier? We had some such vendors who supply goods thro different freight providers and we only invoice them after receiving the paper work.

I tried by setting up more than one condition record by entering different freight vendors but the system only accepting only one. Is there any other way please?

Thanks

Kelly

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

try creating more than 1 freight conditions in ur procedure

with same accrual and acct key

regards

kunal

award if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please eloborate more on how to do that.

Thanks

Kelly

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

in ur pricing procedure find the conndition of freight

suppose it is xx01

go to spro>mm>pur >conditon >defirne price determination

here in conditions point ur freight condition xx01 and copy it to XX02 and give deersription as freight charge 2

then in calculation schema add theis condition below ur actual freight condition

means xx01 below xx02

then do all settings as same for xx02 as xx01 in calculation schema

then save and try making po

here give two diffrent values for t\wo diffrernt vendors using xx01 and xx02

hope it clears

regards

kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a simple process, If you have one freight vendor per delivery note, at the time of GR, enter the freight vendor per each delivery note. To enter the freight vendor at the time of GR, you need to change the FRA2 condition type (M/06) by giving 2 in the field Freight vendor at GR tab.

At the time of invoice, system proposes all the freight vendors u entered in MIGO, u can select the required vendor and post the invoice.

Regards,

Ramakrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, the issue is solved by including Freight vendor at the time of GR.

Kelly

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

deiva
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai,

1.In PO - Item data - Conditions tab - select the freigh tconditions - go to details - enter the freight vendor for the freight condiiton. Suppose if u forget to maintain this in the PO, then you can maintain this at the GR if In M/06, for the freight condition type in the control data 2 - maintain 2 - entry always possible in the Vendor in GR check box is maintained.

2.In MIRO w r to PO reference - Slect the planned delivery costs at the indicator then you can do the LIV for the freight vendor.

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to M/06, here for freight condition type for e.g. for FRA1, keep following controls;

Condition Control - A

Calculation Type - A

Condition category - B (Delivery cost)

Accrual indicator active and Vendor in GR as 2 (Always Possible)

In M/08 (Calculation Schema), assign the Accrual Key against the freight condition and also do the necessary account determination in OBYC

Now in PO (ME21N), under Conditions Tab, enter value against this condition type and select this condition type and click on "Detail" button and maintain the Freight vendor vendor here.

At the time of MIRo, select opton as "Goods/Services only" for Invoice entry of Main vendor and "Planned Delivery Cost" for Freight vendor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

while making PO.

while entering freight condition , select the freight condition type and click on condition detail , there at the bottom right in the vedor enter the freight vendor , to whom you want to pay.

Then Do MIGo

and while doing IV select planned delivey cost and enter the purchase order no.

You will see that freight will appear.

Enter and Post

Regards,

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I did not mentioned before but we use LPA scheduling agreements instead of a normal PO. Also we only use FRA2 (Frgt Provisions %) so we normally create them in MEKE per vendor. So do I have to create a seperate vendor for Freight and then map that in the condition detals? Also do we have to do it for every vendor for whom the freight payments need to be seperated? And just to sum it up, we don't need to do anything in the partner functions?

Regards,

Kelly