cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advance Payment Term

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a requirement from customer to incorporate a payment term check such as if the payment term is advance it should allow the creation of sales order up to the payment recieved from customer in advance.

Is it possible in SAP without any devlopment .. plz let me know ASAP.

Regards,

Puneet Makkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible in Standard SAP.

In Sales Order, maintain Credit Check as a warning and not a error message.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Punnith,

With out development in standard SAP u can not do this.

Regards,

Ravi Duggirala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can make use of the 'Reason for Rejection'. You can set a reason for rejection, once you create the order. This will ensure that the requirements are not passed on to Production , in case it is an MTO scenario. If it is an MTS scenario, it willl ensure that a delivery cannot be created out of the order. Once the 100 % advance payment is recieved, you can go ahead and remove the Reason for rejection.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anil Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the standard credit management functionality and maintaining credit limits with 0 value. However, restricting it to specific payment terms might be an issue.

Regards,

GSL.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Puneet,

I guess you can implement Credit Management (simple or Dynamic) and give Credit limit of required Customers as Rs. 0 or Re.1

Thus the system will not allow to create any new Sales Orders. Infact it would allow creation of Sales Orders only when the Customer account has Credit balance (i.e. if advance payment is received & posted in Customer account).

Hope this helps...

Give points if useful...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

Thx for the help its working fine ... but this is valid in case a customer is always have the payment term advance .. if we have to use it for one transaction .. i.e. for normal customer a particular consignment should be against advance .. it won't work as one cannot go on changing the credit limit so regularly for the customer... is there any solution for that ..

Thx for the earlier solution.

Regards,

Puneet