Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Center Mendatory in Work Center?

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SAPIENTS,

I am not able to remove medatory field of Cost Center in costing tab page of work center.

Can anybody tell where is this setting?

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

even after deletion at time of confirmation youget the message related to work centre.

so better to chek where used CA80.

then change with new one.i.e replace CA85

and find at order level and plans level. also

then better to delete it.

-ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI it is a standard functionality.

if you check in OPFA also you wont find this option.

-ashok

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

i think it is SAP standard one ,either don't create the costing tab, if you select the costing tab then you have to enter the cost center field

regards

thyagarajan

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Thiyagrajan,

Thanx but now If I want to remove that cost center from my work center. What option I have for this?

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Thiyagrajan,

When I am going in IR02, than in Standard Menu You will see work center. There I am getting directly option of deletion. If I delete it from here my requirement is fulfilled.

Now since this work center is being used from long. It has been used in many opened maitenance order. If I delete it from the system and create new one with same name what impact I can face with it.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

goto IR02 delete the work centre and recreat without the costing view,

no other option.

or you need to rename and use as other workcentre by changing cost centre

in menu work centre-->delete (Shift+F2)

-ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi if you delete it and create with same name,

there wont be nay problem from next time when order processed with this teh activity cost will not coem for the order.

-ashok

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

i think it is not possible to delete the workcenter once it has been used in objects ,unless you deleted the corresponding object .

you put the deletion flag or lock it so you in future it will not be used for any objects

other option is if you want to use the same name ,then change the name of existing workcenter by selecting Workcenter>Rename,then put the deletion flag,afterward try to create with the name you wanted

regards

thyagarajan

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Thiyagrajan,

I checked and deleted one work center, It has bee done successfully. You check with any work center in T-code IR02. Dont enter in T-code just be there than go to menu bar there in work center there is option delete.

It is getting completely deleted from system

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

i responded with the help file ,anyway i will check the same

regards

thyagarajan

former_member1256457
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think Mr.Thyagarajan said it right,deletion is not possible if you alredy assigned this work center to another objects.We have to first remove the assignment made with that objects and then we can able to delete that work center.

Regards,

Rip