cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS/IM - WBS element IM Position ID assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to know if there is a certain config that could restrict users to specify only same IM position ID for the same level of WBS element (if the WBS elements are under the same Appropriation request).

Also, I would like to confirm if my understanding below is correct:

Once the IM position ID is assigned to a particular WBS element level, it is still possible to assign different IM position ID for the other WBS elements at the same level. However, all the WBS elements at higher or lower level could no lonfer be assigned with another IM position ID.

Thanks!

Vivian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is sufficient to assign the top level WBS element to an IM position. Not necessary to assign same level WBS element in a project to an IM position.

You are correct in saying that if higher level WBS element is already assigned to an IM position, you can not assign lower level WBS to other IM positions.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivas,

Thanks for yor reply. But there is a unique business need that users need to assign the IM position ID at certain level WBS. However, we would want to restrict users to only input IM position ID that has the same value for WBS elements that are under the same Appropriation Request,

Thanks!

Regards,

Vivian