cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS Tcode CJ34 - Transfer Budget

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly advise if CJ34 - Transfer Budget is intended for transfers between WBS within the same project only or it is also applicable for transfer among WBS elements of different Projects.

Thanks!

Regards,

Vivian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is applicable for both. In case of budget transfer within the project ensure that you are not transferring budget within same hierarchy, system wont allow it. You have to supplement budget to higher level WBS and then distribute below in that case.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

Thanks for your reply, however, I notice that I could perform the transfer to the same hierarchy w/o any error. I am at ECC6.0. Do you think this is correct?

Thanks!

Vivian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivian,

By within hierarchy I mean:

Level 1: WBS A

Level 2: WBS A-1

If you have structure like this, ie WBS one below the other, you cant transfer from A to A-1, you will have to go for supplement. System response will be as below:

You want to transfer funds between objects assigned to the same branch of the hierarchy.

Budget updates between objects in the same hierarchy branch are carried out by means of a supplement or a return.

In case of setting in budget profile, as per my opinion no such setting is reqd.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your confirmation. Just a follow up question, is there any config / setup that could disallow users from transferring budget to another Project?

Thanks!

Regards,

Vivian

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could use user status to restrict transfer.

Regards

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrinkant,

I noticed there are 3 options for user status. May I know if I should only disallow "Budget Transfer (transfer)" to ensure there will be no transfer among different project (while transfer within project is still possible)?

Budget transfer (receiver)

Budget transfer (sender)

Budget transfer (transfer)

Thanks!

Regards,

Vivian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Better block all the three.

In addition to this, consider blocking of budgeting so that nobody would be able to change original budget manually. In that case one will have to add budget via supplements only and thus budget changes will get recorded.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, actually my intent is to restrict transfer only between 2 different projects but transfer between the same project should still be allowed. If I block all 3 then I think no transfer will be allowed at all.

Thanks!

Vivian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your requirement cant be addressed thru standard user status. You can either allow transfer or not, if allowed std system doesnt check whether budget is coming from within the project or from outside. You may consider developemnt, m not sure how to go about it.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think it is applicable to different project also provided your budget profile allows

Thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

May I know where in budget profile can I make this setting - to allow budget transfer within project or with another project.

Thanks

Vivian