cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to create logical validations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i want to create some validations and if their is an error to send the message to one system and otherwise to send it to R3 for examp.le

where would you do it and how? BPM?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udi,

basically... "There are two doors....The door to your right leads to the Source, and the salvation of Zion, The door to your left.... "

1. if your mappings and validations are very difficult

and you think you can do them inside a mapping program much easier then you can use BPM and branch step

2. you cna also do your validations inside your sender adapter - this approach will be much faster

and then you can do come conditions inside the receiver determination (to send it to one or another system) - but with this approach you should use one

message structure

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thaks for the quick replay,

but what if my validations are like check if the employee exists first in the R3...and so on

how would i query the R3 back & forth?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>how would i query the R3 back & forth</i>

Have a look at the thread which was created by me and solved by Michal.

We discussed rfc and lookups for field.

By the way for validations in SAP XI did you see this,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/99593f86-0601-0010-059d-d2d...

Regards,

Anirban.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udi,

In that case also in the sender file adapter module you can skip those records into a erroneous category by doing a JCo call to the R/3 system.

Cheers

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udi,

<i>

what if my validations are like check if the employee exists first in the R3...and so on

how would i query the R3 back & forth?</i>

You must import the particualr RFC or IDOC for employee, then do ur mapping (transformation step) and use synchronous send step in BPM .

Cheers,

Rashmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udi,

If you use an RFC for creating employee you should get in your return segment the errors generated from the RFC action. you can map the return into a database\file etc according to the status given.pay attention that if you enter multiply items you'll get a multiply answers (for each duplicated value you'll get the error).

There are more master data issues regarding your scenario...what if you update an employee on the R\3?? do you have to send this data back the other HR system in order to make the data synchronized???? and if not you'll end up with two systems managing the same person with different values...think of it.

Good luck.

Nimrod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udi,

Yes you have to create a BPM.

1.Receive step

2.Tranformation for validation via Mapping

3.Switch(specify) a condition)

4.Inside Switch send step(error system)

5.Otherwise branch-R/3 system.

Cheers,