cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Table Events

lijisusan_mathews
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have assigned a Tcode to a maintainance view.. In this one field is a foreign key from another table.. So when i insert a new record which is not in the check table, then the error message is displayed as ' value 'SER' not there in ZVTRT_TEST (Check Entry ) '. But I want to modify this message and want to diaplay another message. IS this possible? if so how? Is it possible using Events in table maintance generator? CAn u please give me the detailed steps?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When maintaining the foreign key in SE11, you can enter the message class and number that you want to appear when a key violation happens. This might help already without having to deal with table events.

Thomas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Duplicate answer.

Edited by: Vijay Babu Dudla on Sep 1, 2008 4:52 AM

lijisusan_mathews
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanx. that solved one major part of the problem.. The second part in the same issue involves checking if a mandatory field is left blank while saving or if all fields are blank while saving. In these cases it should not save. So what do i do? another validation requires to check if the start date is lesser than the end date.. CAn u please give me the steps.?

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I recommend you open a new thread for this additional question, so everybody has a chance to chime in.

Thomas