cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakdown category for total items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Should I assigne Breakdown Category for total items?

regards

Pawel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawel,

BDC can be attached even to total items and you are true by saying that it was there in IDES.

How does it works: (BDC for totals)

Assets-has Current and Non Current

Again Current has 3 levels and same as non current.

Now when you assign BDC at Current assets with type only additions (movement type)

Then in the report when u select Current assets system will show only additions happened in the current year.

As per IFRS this is not mandatory, but some client wants only to see these balanaces, in this case they will maintain different FS items instead of maintaining differnt movement types.

(Practically this is done for companies which are following FF upload, because for them it takes long time to prepare data according to the movement types)

So in the above case we can assign BDC for asstes

Hope this will resolve your question "why BDC has to be attached for Totals"..

All the best,

Sunil M

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much Sunil.

Now it is cleared

regards

Pawel

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A simple caution that inconsistencies may occur when the totals items have different BDC than those items below them on the hierarchy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eugene, thanks for replay.

Giving more details:

When FS item hierarchy is build we create totals items as item characteristic (not as hierarchy node) but they are used as nodes; eg. TOTAL ASSET=>NONCURRENT ASSETS=>PPE=>Land.

In this example items: TOTAL ASSET, NONCURRENT ASSETS and PPE are total items (nodes) built as vaule for characteristic 0CS_ITEM. Item Land is for gathering reported data with BDC.

My question is: do we need assign BDC for such total items?

You are right that for BEx reporting it's not needed but I saw in IDES system that some total items have BDC. That's why my question occured

regards,

Pawel

Former Member
0 Kudos

???

Pawel, do you mean assigning breakdown categories (BDC) to nodes in the hierarchy of FS items? If yes, then usually it's not necessary. You only might need it in case of building reports on hierarchy nodes with drilldown by those analytics. But, anyway, you may build such reports in BEx without assigning of BDC.