cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDSS.ini password cannot be changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am checking the Automatic Syndication.

I created a New user ID and password with Admin role.

I entered the same in the MDSS.ini file. but my records not got syndicated.

Before changing i unloaded my repository and then after entered the password in the MDSS.ini file i restarted the Syndication server.

But records not syndicated and also when i open the MDSS.ini file i can only the username i cant see the password.

I am using MDM 5.5 SP06.

What may be the problem?

Regards,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

When you open the MDSS.ini file you will find the Username and PasswordE entry under your Repository. Now remove the letter E from the PasswordE parameter and give the password of Admin User. Restart the Syndication Server and check the MDSS.ini file again. You will find that parameter Password will be converted back to PasswordE with some encrypted characters.

If this happens means MDSS.ini file settings are proper. Still if you phase syndication issues means there might be different problem.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

I am checking the Enrichment Architechture.

For that i created a new user name with admin password.

And i creeated the same in the MDSS.ini file like below:

User name=Admin

PasswordE=200SJKLRGIJN

User name=Enrichment

PasswordE=Enricher

i restarted the Syndication Server but i cant see the syndicated record in the distribution folder.

What may be the problem?

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

First remove the password for Admin user and modify the same in MDSS.ini file. Check whether your records are getting syndicated or not. If no then there is some other problem apart from MDSS.ini file.

From previous post I can conclude that the Entry for User Enrichment is not proper and according to me there will be only one entry for the User and Passowrd. Remove the entry for User=Admin and follow the steps mentioned in my earlier post.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Jitesh,

I Modified the MDSS.ini file like below:

User=Enrichment

PasswordE=<some Encripted text>

I started the Syndication server also.

But still the Enrichment Controller is not syndicated my records to the distribution folder.

Please go through my problem.

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Now remove the password for the User=Enrichment in MDM Console i.e. user Enrichment should not have any password and modify the MDSS.ini file i.e. remove the passwordE entry from the MDSS.ini file and check whether your records are getting syndicated or not.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

But in the Enrichment Configuration.xml file i mentioned the password for the Enrichment.

Should i remove that also?

With out password can Enrichment controller will work?

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Please try this:

1. Stop MDM Syndication Server.

2. Remove all user IDs and passwords from mdss.ini file for you repository only.

3. Now again start the syndication server. This time it will by default pick Admin as user id and password in encrypted form.

4. This time records should get syndicated to the distribution folder.

Let us know, if problem still persists.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

I did what you said but not syndicated.

First i am clearly telling that this is not Automatic Syndication.

This is Enrichment Controller work.

The syndication type is manual.

So for that reason i created a new user.

I dont want to use the admin user id.

Please focus on the problem.

Regards,

Vijay