cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitations of XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please list out the limitations of XI overall.

Thanks,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for listing the adv/disadv, but I intended not to ask the disadvantages.

Perhaps, I might have asked this

' Can you please list down some integration scenarios which not possible at all in XI 7.0?'

Thanks,

Karthik

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

XI does not support for dynamic variation in structure..

and the major disadvantage it needs to some trigger at the sending side to carry one with the data.. without trigger SAP XI does not take autmatically data from the sender system, this is also one major limitation..

and w.r.t the scenario during execution an additianal variable with its value is not identified..instead it is not taken in consideration if it does not disturb the existing structure.. else if if disturbs the structure then the source file itself does not pick from the sender system..

Post if any queries..

regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will PI 7.0 support the WCF standards,,

will PI 7.0 wsdl version 2.0.

My assumption only next version PI 7.1 will support WCF and wsdl veriosn 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

XI is well suited for connecting SAP systems with each other and with non-SAP. SAP XI provides an integrated workflow engine that allows defining adapters to non-XML protocols and mappings to convert data content from source to target format.

XI comes handy particularly incase of SAP - Non SAP interfaces where you can import standard integration content. Also XI has got sophisticated open standard adapter framework which is very easy to implement and custom logic can be implemented using Adapter module programming.

Advantages

Monitoring is better than any other middleware product. It offers exhaustive monitoring features like message, performance, component monitoring etc, all of which can be used to track and rectify the errors. It follows a hub and spoke model.

When you need to integrate with an SAP system XI has an advantage in supporting various SAP components and so on.

Process functionalities inside XI to modify content in the communication channel on own defined rules for business purposes.

Mappings and adapters are good as comparable with any other middleware product.

Synchronous & Asynchronous communication is possible.

Dis-Advantages

Web methods are particularly good if u have B2B kind of communication with their Trading Partners product.

XI is lacking full-fledged Message Queue compared to other established Middleware products.

It lacks in ability to process huge messages but SAP is working on that.

It does not have a messaging layer exposed by APIs like IBM MQ-Series.

It is not comparable to Tibco in terms of speed.

SAP relies on other vendors except for a few adapters.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

former_member182455
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Limitations of XI varies withits versions i.e XI3.0 has some limitations that was overcomed in PI 7.0 and the limitations of PI 7.0 has overcomed in PI 7.1...

Take an example of GDT i.e Global Data Types which was available in PI 7.1 which was not available in PI 7.0 and previous versions..

GDT has a provisiion to add a variable at runtime i.e in message mapping .. with out modifiying the data structure but previously this is not possible..

like this we have so many to explain..

regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Challenges/Limitations in XI

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/ehadzipetros/sap-xi-and-edi-better-learning-through-architecture-19720

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Sep 1, 2008 10:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Please check the thread first.

And if still you didn't get the solution then try to post it.

Hope you can get the answer if you just serach for it once.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on the type of version you are using. whether it is XI 3.0, PI 7.0 or PI 7.1

in the previous version of XI specially in 3.0 and 7.0 high volume of message was the big problem.

BPM is not efficent...performance issues. etc.

Refer this Thread also :

Edited by: Farooq Farooqui on Sep 1, 2008 1:54 PM