cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query in BI Content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

How we can see what kind of the Query is delivered in SAP BI Content?

i.e. Plan Vs Actual cost, does SAP delivered this?

In RSA1 ->BI Content, I dont get to see any Query.

Please advice, thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi philip,

If u want to know queries has been delivered or active.goto RSD1>give ur infocube name>click on where used list(it gives the same screen like business content)->open query elements>selections-->give ur query tech name.

If you find query in above RSD1,then deffently those queries has activated from delivered version.

If u not found in the above process you can can search at BI content(follow the same procedure)

Thanks&Regards,

Praveena.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To find queries in BI

Go to Query-elements --> queries and click Select Objects.

Then you will get a pop-up with infoarea's.

Select Financials Management & Controlling 0FMCO

and so on.

You will find InfoCube and then you finally will find queries.

Success,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Udo,

Thanks so much for your help.

I double click on the query In Financials Management & Controlling -> Reporting Financials (EhP3) -> Overhead Cost Orders -> Orders: Budget/Actual/Commitment -> List: Budget/Actual/Commitment

+Characteristic 0VERSION, Version A: Cannot switch off InfoProvider property

Message no. R7B289

Diagnosis

The characteristic receives master data from other objects (for example, transformations or update rules). Therefore it is necessary to select the characteristic as an InfoProvider.

Procedure

If you want to deselect the Characteristic Is InfoProvider indicator, delete the corresponding objects in the data flow.+

Now in RSA1, I can see these two InfoCube 0OPA_C20 and 0OPA_R50 sitting under MultiProvider 0OPA_M50. However, I donu2019t get to see the complete Data Flow for both InfoCube u2013 such like InfoSource, DataSource, Update rules, Query etc.

Please advice, thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before you start your selection you should set the way everything is grouped.

On the right panel of your BC screen on the top there is a button called Grouping.

Select "In dataflow before"

But watch it, it is very easy to "overload" your system with Bus. Content you will never use.

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

I followed your step (select the In dataflow before and afterward under the Grouping). However, when I click on the Install ->Install in background, I hit the following error:

DataSource 0VTYPE_TEXT from source system CJ5CLNT300 could not be activated

It seem like BW trying to connect to my R/3 backend client u2013 CJ5CLNT300. This shouldnu2019t be the case as my BW is connected to R/3 backend client TCCLNT300.

Why this is happening? Is there anywhere for me choose the correct backend client during the activation?

Please advice, thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Ok, I can now do it as I have changed/selected the source system via Edit ->Source System Assignment.

However, when I click the Install ->Install in background, I hit the following error now:

Message no. TK511

Diagnosis

The selected change request BWPK900008 has target system .

However, the objects you edit can only be recorded in change requests with the target system BWX.

The correct target system is determined from the package and transport layer to which the object concerned belongs.

System Response

The selected change request BWPK900008 is not used to record the objects.

Procedure

Either choose a different change request or change the target system of the change request BWPK900008.

From the prompt window for change requests, you can display all requests you can use by choosing Own requests.

Alternatively, you can create a new request by choosing Create request.

Any advice will be appreciated, thanks!