SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is-Retail:Assignment of article to merch. catgry missing in classification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am getting an error "Message no. MH084. Assignment of article to merch. catgry missing in classification "

I have created an article using standard BAPI through SAP Portal front end screen. The article is created in the system and MARA is updated, but when I tried to process that article in MM42 , it throws the error and I am unable to proceed further. In BAPI I have given limited values required for basic data creation in MM41.

If I create article without Portal and straight in MM41, it is ok.

Please help to solver this.

Regards,

Ram

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

this is a known issue.

It is strictly recommended to send a BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT after EVERY BAPI call. !!!!

If you do not do this you will loose the classification and every article will have MH084 error.

repairing is possible, but a lot of work. Please archive these article and adjust your report.

Or better, use IDOCS !

regards

Björn

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

this is a known issue.

It is strictly recommended to send a BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT after EVERY BAPI call. !!!!

If you do not do this you will loose the classification and every article will have MH084 error.

repairing is possible, but a lot of work. Please archive these article and adjust your report.

Or better, use IDOCS !

regards

Björn