Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Month End Activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

what are the Month activities to be carried out with concern to SD module ,

And what if today i closed the period , what activities i should not be able to perform after closing period today .

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your system is configured such that two periods are open then there will not be much problem. If only one period is open then ensure that PGI is done for all deliveries, otherwise you will not be able to post goods issue if period is closed. Check the goods returns also.

Regards,

GSL.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venky

Assuming that you are asking in a situation where a company has streamlined in SAP, my opinion is that for consultants, there wont be much work to do. Mainly the end users in SD only will have a hectic task of closing the sales.

From my experience, I have seen people in SD running from pillar to post with other plant people right from stores to production to update the datas in SAP. Only then, SD people can generate invoice. In fact, in some places, SD fellow will itelf make all entries from respective user ids and generate invoice.

As long as the MM period is open, we can predate the Actual GI Date and invoice as well. So the Top Management in major manufacturing plants will give a cushion of half a day in the first day of succeeding month before which their sales should be closed. By that time, whether you have problem in billing or not, the MM period will be closed by the authorised person of the company after which, you cannot predate the sales.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venky...

Of my knowledge... There is no much responsibilites for an SD consultants to do on month ends. However there may be few activities like...

1. Renewing condition records (If needed)

2.Scheduling and Monitoring the Background and Scheduled jobs and automatic reports.(If needed)

3. Monitoring Idocs and their performance impact . (If needed)

Please note that all the above may differ from company to company and not a necessary activities . Have I answered something which is somewhat expected by you..

Hope this helps ...

Thanks,

Safeer Rahman