cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java API Patch 1 Login Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I recently installed the new API on our system, and since then the API-Login method ceased to work. I always get a "ClientSocket.Login Error", as if my server was not running. But I am sure it does, access via Data Manager etc. works perfectly.

Does anybody know something about what I have to consider when I use the new API? Unfortunately, the corresponding note is still hidden for us users.

Best regards,

Jörg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jörg:

This happens when the API and MDM Server version are different. If you updated your API, please make sure you also update the Server.

I hope that helps

Regards

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought that, too, and restored the old Java version on my computer. Still login errors, though.

I'll try to use Patch 1 on both sides and get back when I see if it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please could you post your connection code? I use SP03 too and this is how I do it:

// Connection properties

String server= "MY_HOST";

int port = 2015;

String user ="admin";

String password = "password";

String language = "English [US]";

// Connection stablishment

CatalogData mdmConnector = new CatalogData();

mdmConnector.SetCodeRegion("English [US]"); mdmConnector.Login(server,port,user,password,language);

I hope this helps

Kind Regards

Alejandro

PD: Also, make sure you explicitly give the classpath as parameter, so you can recompile and make sure you are using the real JAR (or MDM Connector, which ever you are using).

Message was edited by: Alejandro De Leon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use a Java program on my computer which logs on directly via the API using the login method provided there. I use Eclipse so a wrong classpath for the MDM4J.JAR can be excluded, I guess:

catalogData.Login("WETZLAR",2000, "jth", "****", "English ", 5, 5, 10000, "C:

Programme

login.log");

I tried different ports there, too. I still hope it is a version problem and a complete update to Patch 1 will solve the problem.

Message was edited by: Jörg Thiesmann

Answers (0)