cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Search Strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

We have a rise in the number of COGI errors in our client plants.when we upgrade our system for R/31 version 4.6 to ECC 6.0. we have always have COGI error for certain material component when the confirmation came across even though we have several different batches on inventory.Confirming a production order it would select the oldest batch and consume it but if the oldest batch did not have enough stock to fulfill the amount it would go to the next oldest batch. Could have been changes happen in the functionality behind in my client batch strategy? how could i fix and located this problem? and can it also affect when ever we do material substitution in BOM component?

Please guide and help.

Thanks

Ryan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to create the search strategy using MBC1 (use strategy type ME01 , Plant, material, mvmnt type). This triggers the batch determination in inventory management, which is ur requirement oldest batch consume first. Create sort rule cu70 and assign it to your Batch Search Strategy as selection condition for your main characteristic. Then in the selection criterio tab you have to assign the class which was assigned in material master .

Maintain the search strategy for this combination ( give the movement type ( for ex. 261) which will be used while u execute the batch search.Then go to menu compone nts >batch management> batch deterrmination.

system will search the batches & suggest accordingly.

please try and come back.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R.Brahmankar,

i try to view if my material via MBC3, display. by the way the strategy type of my plant nad material is BATCH MANAGEMENT-BAckFLUSH, and the sort sequence is SORT BY SHELF LIFE EXPIRY DATE (SORTBYSLED). is there a problem with this set-up? it is maintain in our production the our client is using.

sorry am not use at this strategy.

Thanks

Ryan

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hy,

Then create strategy by using COB1.This is for Batch Determination in Production / Process order.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think were not allowed to change those exist in production, we must find out why now this same batch search strategy are not working since this is what is use prior to upgrade in ECC 6 of the system

Thanks

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your characteristics LOBM_VFDAT sort rule should be in assenting order.

Which batch search strategy are using?

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hy Ryan,

BATCH MANAGEMENT-BAckFLUSH,

Your Materials are Back flush that means you are doing goods issue with Confirmation.

Now Batch Determination for Components can be done via 2 ways

- as Mr. Brahmankar said MBC1 (Plant , Material / Material Type , Movement type) for this you have to do Batch Determination in Goods Movement screen of Confirmation.

- Secondly with COB1. In this you have to do Batch Determination in Order itself.

Now first rectify which strategy you are using currently.Whar ever it is COB1 or MBC1.My doubt is if you are using Combination with Material (Not Material Type) in that case you have to update your strategy with all the Materials for which Batch Detrmination is required.I guess rest of the settings are OK because you had already clarifies that for some of material it works.

Regards,

Dhaval