Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFrame eventing help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Valery,

Thanks for your help with IFrame. This message is in continution to the message

I opened seperate thread as the clarification required is different.

Now the clock is running okay. However, I need to capture the time that is displayed when a user clicks button. Any code in WD, is getting server time which most of the time varies from the client side desktop.

Is there any way I can code where I get the latest time from the client side desktop and pass this information back to the R/3.

I know the portal eventing to get the time from IFrame is limited. It does not really matter if I read the time from IFrame or not. I think if I can get the client side time within the action of button click is okay.

If you need more details, please do let me know.

Thanks and Regards,

Raju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raju,

There is no way to pass any parameters to WD application except for portal eventing and start-up URL parameters.

So it is impossible "to capture the time that is displayed when a user clicks button"

But all you have to know is time shift in hours at application startup time. For this, create redirect HTML page that will get user time via JavaScript, append time as URL parameter to WD application URL and call

window.navigate(<wd-app-url-with-param>);

WD application may get this parameter and calculate time shift between user and server time. Calculate up to hours precision (time zones has only offset by hours). Store this shift value somewhere in component controller attributes.

Now when you receive IWDButton.onAction event just add / remove shift from server time and pass this value to backend.

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Valery,

I think we will settle down with server calls every minute to get server time so that I can capture easily as the time entered is important by seconds with max flexibility of 1 min.

Regards,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raju,

You get my statements a bit wrong.

If client and server time differs in seconds this is only due client-server call time. If minutes are different then either server or client has clocks non-synchronized with world time. Most probably this is client clocks.

Adding / removing time shift in hours does not mean dropping minutes or seconds information -- it is preserved. Also in any solution "seconds" part of information will be inaccurate for client-server applications with noticeable latency (like [ J2EE ] Web applications).

Valery Silaev

EPAM System

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Valery,

For not coming soon. We are going ahead with server time changes as the server is not exposed to internet time and client desktops, we have no control.

Currently the issue is resolved by other means.

Thanks and Regards,

Raju Datla

Answers (0)