cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete the Approval Mail in Approver's Inbox?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Guru,

Usually after the approval, the approval mail will not be in the inbox. But for some reason(system error), the mail will still be in the inbox, even after the approval. May I ask there is a way we can delete the "unread" Mail?

Thx~!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When using SWWL to delete workflow items this removes the item from the users UWL (Portals Inbox), but it does not delete the items from the 'Request waiting for approval' screen. Does anyone have any ideas why? How can I remove / clear these items?

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perhaps because it is not the appropriate way to remove workitems. Also the 'Request wait for approval screen' (I am not sure what you mean by that b.t.w.) is probably based on a table which will not be cleared when using the transaction (which you shouldn't use anyway).

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

If SWWL is not an appropriate way to remove work items, why has it been created as a transaction and entitled 'Delete Work Item'? What should it be used for?

The 'Requests Awaiting For Approval' screen (which I guess could be a configurable title), is the screen that is displayed when an item in the UWL is selected and before the actual approval stage.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is called "workitem". If workflow is in error ststus, you can check the error and restart the error workflow in SWI2 or SWPR transaction. For deleting wotkitem is SWWL.

Regards,

Masa

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

For deleting wotkitem is SWWL.

A bit risky just giving this transaction without issuing the caution which should accompany it. You should NEVER use this transaction on a productive system. Also for audit reasons you should never use this transaction because it will delete workitems without logging. You should always try to logically delete workitems if you really do not want them anymore.

But in your case you should investigate why the workitems stay in the inbox.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You may try tu use transaction SWPC and SWPR if anything goes wrong with workitem after approval.

If you are using a n-step workflow, maybe your approval workflow is looping on the same user and each time it is approve, it go back to the same approver.

Have a look to the workflow log.

Regards.

Michel