cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot post write-ups - Message no. AA402

Former Member

Hi ,

I want to post a write up through T_code ABZU to an asset capitalised in current year but could not as system giving an error meesage AA402.

Why do I want to post "write up" is as below:

I bought an asset for $ 2000 and by mistake capitalised it in the month of January 2008 in the current fiscal year 2008. It was depreciating every month and there was no issue.

Now the business is saying that this asset should have not been capitalised but should have gone under AUC and this way they want to cancel / reverse all the posted depreciation and also the asset capitalisation entry.

For the purpose I was trying to post the write up through T_code ABZU to nullify the depreciation effect ( Accounting entry-Accumulated Depreciation A/c debit and Expense Depreciation A/c credit ) and after making the asset value up to the original value $ 2000 and then I would be posting the "Revaluation APC/Revaluation depreciation" to make the asset balance NIL.

CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME IN POSTING THE TRANSACTION ABZU OR SUGGEST ANY OTHER METHOD TO ADJUST THE POSTED DEPRECIATION AND NET ASSET VALUE TO NIL.

Rgds,

BABA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MarkusBredel
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Baba,

you can not use the write-up functionality. Write-ups can only be posted to adjust accumulate depreciation, which apparently you do not have in a current-year acqusition.

To solve your problem there are several workarounds, which will effect in your required adjustment postings. Here three options I would recommend most:

1) change the depreciation start date to a later point in time. If you want to depreciate as of fiscal year 2009, set the depreciation start date to that fiscal year. Maybe you have to check your first depreciation phase in the depreciation key as of when it has to be considered. Choose "from depreciation start date".

2) change the depreciation key to a non-depreciating one. If the asset should never depreciate (as an AuC likewise), you can assign depreciation key 0000.

3) Use shutdown periods in the asset master record. Check then your depreciation key to consider shut-down periods.

All 3 options will end in the result that the depreciation run will "reverse" the already posted depreciation.

Regards,

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Winny_Loh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Markus Bredel,

I have a business scenario where Asset Acquire in 01/01/2018 with value $207,562.58 and UL - 5 Years. The asset wasn't depreciated in the fiscal year 2018. And in fiscal year 2021, Period 4 ( April) the asset have been written down by $ 41512.52. Please assist on how to write down asset in S4HANA CLOUD

Dr Accumulated Amortization Software Development
Cr Software development cost

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plz let me know Full Error Message, Diagnosis & Application Area of Message.

Warm Regards...

Ameya...