cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to map fields of the Qualifier table in import manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While importing Checktable data from R/3 in to MDM for Customer repository, we encountered a problem in the standard map for country field mapped in the bank details map.

The field values on Source side have Country key values while in the destination side we have country names. Due to this I am not able to execute the map.

Please suggest if anyone faced this kind of situation while importing.

Thanks,

Eman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emmanuel,

I faced same problem ,as so many coutries were there in source system as lookUp values.It is practicaly difficult to map Country code in source to country name in the destination.

What i suggest in such case you should always extract Key and description both from ECC system using generic extractor.so you will never face such problem.When u import country lookUp value make country table Key Mapping as yes in console and map code to remote key and description to name.

So when u map for qualifier table u will never find any difficulty u will eb having both the values.

or u can do whatever minaz has suggested.

Regards,

Neethu Joy.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emmanuel ,

As far as i understood your problem you are facing an issue while doing the value mapping for the country field as the values coming from the source are just the code and in the MDM rep you have the country name.

So to enable smooth mapping you need to hvae the Code and the country name fields in the mdm rep and make them both as display fields.

This will make it possible to view the name of teh counry anlong with the code and you can then easily map them to the incoming source which has jsut the country code.

So the first step when importing the lookup country itself import the code with the name nad make them as display field in the console.

Hope it helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emmanueal,

We had faced a similar kind of problem.

There can be two ways of handling it.

First you can always extend the business content as it is not having the country code field.

By doing so you will be getting the country code key in the destination and can map the same.

If you do not want to change the business content then you can always make the desired changes in the standard maps and use the same though it is not recommended unless very essential.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz