Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different GL Account for WRX - based on Valuation Class (No Material Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My scenario is as given below.

1. We do not have any Material Master. We create short text PO's with account assignment category "P".

2. We are also using Material Group in our PO. We have one Material Group for Domestic Purchases (say M1) and another Material Group (say M2) for Import Purchases.

3. We have assigned valuation class say 3100 for Material Group M1 and valuation class 3101 for Material Group M2.

4. Our plant is say RBUP and our valuation grouping code is say 0001 which is assigned to the same plant.

Objective:

While doing MIGO we want to have different GR/IR Account for domestic purchases say 108 and different GR/IR account for import purchases say 109.

Issue:

1. In OBYC setting GR/IR account is picked from transaction key WRX.

2. Our entries in WRX are as given below for our Chart Of Accounts say DMN.

Valuation Modifier Valuation Class GL Account

0001 108

0001 3100 108

0001 3101 109

3. But even when i am creating the PO with Material Group M2, it is not picking the GR/IR account 109, based on the valuation class i.e. 3101 which is assigned to the Material Group M2.

Query:

1. How can I achieve my objective of selecting GR/IR Account 109 for Import PO's and GR/IR Account 108 for Domestic PO's.

Pl note we will not be maintain material master.

Will give full 10 points if anyone can help me reslove this issue.

Pl also do not waste any of your valuable time to address the account assignments for BSX or GBB-VBR. I am fully aware that in VBR this differentiation is possible.

Rgds,

Prasad.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest you to create a Dummy Materials. Lets say,

material number: 1001

enter material description as Domestic

material number: 1002

enter material description as Imports

and in OBYC for GBB

make the following settings:

val grp gen mod val cla gl a/c dr gl a/c cr

0001 VBR 4000 74180040 74180040

0001 VBR 4001 78020091 78020091

so that when u create PO u can get default GL (consumption GL ) for the material (u can use the same for material group also) and u can maintain WRX acc determination as follows ..

val grp val cla gl a/c dr gl a/c cr

0001 4000 123456 123456

0001 4001 456789 456789

Thus u need to create 2 different valuation class for these material group specific and in PO while entering the text u can add the text which is displayed along with material description

hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl let me know how to do it without a material master.

Rgds

Prasasd.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls check out with the below settings...I haven't worked on this...if it works..let me know...

SPRO>MM>Purchasing>material master>Entry Aids for Items Without a Material Master

maintain the required settings here and verify

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad

To the best of my knowledge there is no link between material Group and valuation Class. While you can link Valuation class & Material Type.

Valuation Class to Account Category reference

Material Type to Account Category Reference

Please correct me if iam wrong.

Regards

Jagadish

Edited by: Jagadish Kumar on Sep 1, 2008 6:18 AM