cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Session Time Out - redirect...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way in Integrated ITS to change the session time out page or have it redirect somewhere else?

400 Session timed out - please log in again

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pappu_kumar2
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I've read through the documentation and have a couple questions.

Prerequisites

To use dynamic error handling in the ICM or Web dispatcher, you must set the profile parameter icm/HTTP/error_templ_path to the directory with the error template files. For example:

icm/HTTP/error_templ_path = /usr/sap/B6M/D13/data/icmerror

Can I make that path any path I want it to be? say........./sap/public/bc/its/mime/ww20/er/

Procedure

Create files ICMERR-.(s)html in the relevant directory for the error codes you want. You can create static or dynamic error pages.

How do I determine the ICMERR code from this page? Would it be 400?

400 Session timed out - please log in again

-

-

Error: -11

Version: 7000

Component: ICM

Date/Time: Thu Sep 4 14:23:11 2008

Module: icxxthr_mt.c

Line: 1705

Server: onebase_DEV_00

Error Tag: {-}

Detail: Session does not exist

© 2001-2005, SAP AG

So if the error code is "400" would the page it's asking me to create in that directory be ICMERR-400.html?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did u go thru the SAP note # 705013

Also adjust the kernel parameters "rdisp/gui_auto_logout" and "rdisp/plugin_auto_logout".

I faced the same and followed this. I hope it will resolve your issue.

~ Padmanaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you explain to me more what those 2 parameters are doing? I've read the discriptions but I'm still not clear on what it does.

rdisp/gui_auto_logout - currently set at 14400

rdisp/plugin_auto_logout - currently set at 1800

Also in my SICF service I've set the timeout as 15mins.

Former Member
0 Kudos

rdisp/gui_auto_logout - currently set at 14400

rdisp/plugin_auto_logout - currently set at 1800

The kernel regularly checks whether a session is still in use. Any session that is no longer in use is removed. If the parameter rdisp/gui_auto_logout is set, this timeout also applies to HTTP sessions as well as GUI sessions. If you want to reduce the timeout for the HTTP sessions, you can do so using the parameter rdisp/plugin_auto_logout. The timeout for the SAP GUI for HTML can thus be reduced to a shorter timeout than the other SAP GUIs with the parameter plugin_auto_logout (for example, SAP GUIs for Windows). If rdisp/plugin_auto_logout = 0 is set, the timeout is deactivated for HTTP sessions.

You can then overwrite this general timeout setting in Transaction SICF for each individual service by specifying a timeout for a specific service. However, the gui_auto_logout parameter always offers the longest possible timeout value by default, so that the session is terminated in any case when this value is exceeded.

Adjust these to different value and test. Talk to your basis team. They will help you on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I did talk to my basis person and explained more clearly to me.

I'm still going to need the redirect if someone decides to just leave the browser open and forgets about it, they would still get the error 400 the session has timed out. I would rather, them be redirect to the home page of the site they are browsing instead of seeing the SAP default error page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer this SAP note # 916727

In the above note SAP gave code sample and how to do this.

Also Check this note also 1147314

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see those notes apply to WebGUI, but how about just ITS pages? We took our outdated online store and moved them into the integrated ITS system. I just need a simple code snippet to redirect to the main page when a error 400 Session Timeout occurs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have a code snippet of how this redirection would work for say error 400 which is the timeout?

thanks...............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I've found these documents but I'm still confused on where the "error" folder for my custom error pages should exist.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/f6/3c0b0389cea34ba66f10d62b718a1a/frameset.htm

Right now in my dispatcher .pfl file i've set up this:

1. SAP Error Page Handling

icm/HTTP/error_templ_path=./S2/errors

The directory that I'm having it respond to is on the same machine as the dispatcher, is this correct?

Also the pages that I've set up are:

ICMERR-EMAINTENANCE.html

ICMERR-ETIMEOUT.html

I turned the Dispatchers maintenance mode on but it still seems to be pulling the default maintenance mode html page.

Am I doing this correctly?

**UPDATE.

I've got it to work for the "Maintenance Page" but how about for the SAP Web Application Server's "400 Session timed out - please log in again?" Does the code above control that too?

If the ICMERR is checkint for ETIMEOUT, is it checking for the TIMEOUT in the SICF service or something else?

Edited by: VatHB on Sep 9, 2008 3:55 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The timeout screen that I see can be seen at this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/f6/3c0b0389cea34ba66f10d62b718a1a/frameset.htm

I've created two custom files called ICMERR-ETIMEOUT.html and ICMERR-ENOSESSION.html, but they are not catching this session timeout.

The only one I could get to work was ICMERR-EMAINTENANCE.html when I put the dispatcher in Maintenance mode.

Does anyone have experience with this, that could help me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does any have any experience in dealing with this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I've looked in SE80 > Internet Services > System > Theme DM > HTML Templates > INVALIDSESSION. When I check to see what's within the templates, it's nothing like what's showing up on the screen. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Here's what's in the template:

`if ( ~xmltype == "WML" )`

You have tried to use a WAP session that has already been terminated.

You should restart your session.

`else`

Invalid Session

You have tried to use a WWW session that has already been terminated.

You should restart your session. If the problem persists you should

close your World Wide Web browser and open it again.

`end`