cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 10 and multiple Databases

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a report that I built with 1 database source, now I must give this report to many clients, all with different Database names, but same tables names, now the problem is that all my report is stick to a unique DB (ie: Database.dbo.TableN), now in older versions I was able to delete de database.dbo string, so the report would work on any DB, now I cant find this option nor can edit it. Is there a new way to do it?

I'm calling the report from an application built in VB6.

I'm using the Crystl32.ocx not RDC.

Thanks in advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, thanks for the support, but I still have a question, and is that even if I use the RDC method, how could I use the same report on different database names?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See this White paper for the RDC (not crystl32.ocx) connection properties:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00635998-751e-2b10-9cba-f50ee1e4...

ludek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok man, thanks for the support and info. I'll try to use that RDC for my problem, seems that is the only way to do it.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you confirm you are using CR 10? The Crystl32.ocx last shipped with CR 8.5...

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just checked, and Im using Crystal Reports v. 10.0.0.533 and the Crystl32.ocx version is 1.0.0.34.

But still I think the problem is in the Crystal application, since I cant let the report without any specific Database.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well, CR 10 does not ship with crystl32.ocx and before we even get to square one, I must know what SDK you are using. Download the modules utility from here:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006252802008E/modules.zip

Run your app and get a report processed. Do not close the app and start modules. Go to the File menu, select New list -> memory modules.

Then expand the "By process" node. Find your app exe, click on it. The go to the View menu and select Details. You should be able to see all the dlls the app is loading, including the Crystal reports dlls. What version are these dlls and what directory are they loading from?

Ludek