cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Reuse - Usage Dependency in SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have an issue reusing objects in the repository. I defined a usage dependency at installation time from component H to component B. I want to reuse interfaces from B.

Afterwards I reimported both B and I into the rep. I cleared tzhe cache, I refreshed and restarted the repository - but I still do'nt see the base objects from B in H - did I miss sth.? We're useing SP14.

Thx in advance,

helge

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have a look at my weblog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/26/xi-are-you-independentfrom-your-dependencies

did you do all the steps as in thie weblog?

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx Michal. I followed all the steps - still not working. But I have news: After having spent several hours yesterday, this morning I had a look at the activation list. And there was still sth. open for component B. After activating it and refreshing I finally see the components. Thus, it's solved just a sec. ago!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I have an issue for how to transport the usage dependency objects from Development to Consolidation (QA).

We have done the usage dependency in the SLD for one swcv and after reimporting it into DEV from SLD , we can see the node basis objects but we are facing the problem in transporting the objects under basis objects of our new swcv to Cons(QA). other objects under the namespace of our swcv is already transported to QA.

If you have some idea then pls. let me know.

Regards,

Gopesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

maybe a silly question but did you transport the component on which the component depends? The basis objects will never be included in a transport, they will only be shown if the other component has been transported as well. Also make sure, that the dependency also exists in your QA SLD if you use a different one there.

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have transported the top components and there are certain other components which are depending on the top component. In these components in QA also we can see the basis objects.

But the component which i am talking about has been modified in SLD and reimported in DEV , but i am not able to reimport it into QA.

We are using central SLD server only.

If any idea on this pls let me know.

Thanks,

Gopesh

Answers (0)