cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Mappings Basics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!,

I am new to SAP XI....I am comfortable with certain scenarios...I know Java...not an expert though, but can try to understand...I want to learn Java Mappings from the basics....i.e., start to finish... Can anyone help me with this.....with all screenshots and step by step instructions.....

Also, I am looking for a job in SAP XI......How do I have to proceed....Also, please explain the format, specifications of a project so that, I'll have some idea about it....

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Most Commony used parsing for implementing java mapping are SAX (Simple Apis for XML) and DOM (Data Object Modeling).

U Use them as per u r requirment.

DOM is comparitively easy to implement as compared to SAX.But when comes to Performance SAX is Far Bettre than DOM for large Messages.

In Java mapping You create Parser Facotry and a Document Object.

you exution starts from execute() Methode (So no Importance of Main method but you can use that for testing porpose.)

For sample you can refer the links given by other frnds.

Thanks

Sunil Singh

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can go thru the following links :-

1. Java Mapping

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e2/e13fcd80fe47768df001a558ed10b6/content.htm

2. Java Mapping secrets revealed

3. Implementing a Java Mapping in SAP PI

4.Testing and Debugging Java Mapping

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanks for the info...... Few more simple examples would be more helpful.....

I need the steps......from start to finish... (sequence)

You gave four steps..... little bit confusing.....

regards

hemant_chahal
Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Simple and sweet Solution.

Learn how to read, transform and write XML files using API's and Parser. once you know how to read and write XML file you can easily do java Mapping.

Basically Java Mapping is nothing but a Transformation logic to reform on xml file to other.

thanks

farooq