Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Visualize product flow through a system

I'm trying to create a dashboard to graphically visualize the flow of product through a system. Specifically, I have a system that takes a set amount of time for product to move through it. There either is or is not product, and the whole system takes 1 hour for the product to move through. So there could be 45 mins of product, 5 min gap in product, and then another 10 mins of product...for example. I never know how many gaps in product there will be, or the system could be completely full of product or completely empty.

It would be pretty easy to use an XY chart, if I could add connectors between the data point...just by setting the chart 0 or 1 for the 60 mins of time. The other great option would be a stacked bar chart, since the product and gaps will always add up to 100% of the system. However, then each segment of the chart will automatically be a different color, so it is difficult to understand the data. Is there a way to make the data automatically alternate between green and red???

Any ideas of how to visualize this system would be great!

Thanks,

Guy

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question