cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inter company billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If the billing is happening between 2 company codes, i.e one comapny code is selling to other company code & not to the external customer. How to map this process? Should i treat the other co.code as normal customer & follow the standard process i.e oredr - delivery - billing.

Pls reply

Vinod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinod

I completely agree with sivaanad but make sure you do your prereqs before you map this process ie create SAty, item category, organizational structure, pricing procedure for intercompany process.

Thanks

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find the details in the link;

[Intercompany Business Processing|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/dd/5614e7545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm]

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Consider you have an intercompany scenario between company code 1000 & 2000. Plant A is assigned to 1000 & plant B is assigned to 2000.

In that case, you define Plant B as intercompany customer to plant A, assign an internal num to plant B & vice versa.

When you get an order in Plant A which has a material manufactured in Plant B then a PO NB is raised in Plant A against plant B. Plant B fulfills the delivery NL & sends the items directly to customer.

Company code 2000 Plant B raises an intercompany invoice to Plant A company code 1000. Intercompany pricing is assigned to intercompany invoice. Value of the invoice is a nominal amount to cover the manufacturing costs.

Plant A company code 1000 inturn raises a trade invoice to customer adding the intercompany invoice value into it.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivanand

Thanks for the reply. But the scenrio which u have stated is exactly intercompany billing, wher external cutomer is also involved.

Actually my requirement is that there is two company codes for example 1000 & 2000. Plant of Co .code 1000 requires certain material for their own requirement & not to sell to any external customer, this material is avilable in plant of co code 2000. Now if co.code 2000 sends this material to plant of co.code 1000 then we should treat this as a sell, b'cas co.codes are diffrent legal entity. how to map this scnerio.

Pls reply

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

In that case you have a intercompany stock transfer.

In that case the NL delivery type from Plant B will process the delivery to the plant A. Usually Plant B may have a separate shipping point to process intercompany sales.

There may be billing IV for which intercompany pricing procidere is assigned. Plant B raises IV invoice against plant A. Plant A makes the payment which is posted in company code 2000.

Only differenec intercompany stock trabsfer & inter company sale is that in stock transfer, goods are delivered to the Plant A (for which internal customer num is assigned). In iintercompany sale, goods are deliveried to the end customer.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sivanand