cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business System creating issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

there are two Production SAP R/3 on our landscape.

so we can see PRD on AHOST and PRD on BHOST on technical system on SLD. they are using same 100 client.

whenn i create BS, I got error message

"The selected client has an associated logical system name that is already used for another business system. select a different client"

Due to using same PRD, even though they are different host name, it show us when creating BS,

i think that it does not make sense because many r/3 sid are used by PRD or DEV.

does anyone has such issue?

thank you

YD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually logical systems should be unique within a landscape. How come that you have 2 PRD? Are they two AS of the same system, or really two different DB's?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, two PRD R/3 system,

Host AHOST - SID PRD

Host BHOST - SID PRD.

they are totally diferrent boxs for business service.

thank you

Y.D

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If both are brand new, or at least one is new (it means they're not being exchanging IDocs, BDocs, or are somehow connected to other SAP boxes like APO, BW, etc) you should consider to change one of the two logical systems in SCC4.

Otherwise... suppose you want to route an IDoc (coming from R/3) based on which PRD instance issued it: you won't be able using the LOGSYS, but you can prob use some other fields of the control record, properly set.

If you just don't mind, let your SLD think that you have just one system. For IDocs going to SAP, you'll just be able to decide whether they should go changing the pointing of your IDOC receiver channel.

But this is a very strange situation anyway. What I wrote are just suggestion based on exerience and common sense. Hope that helps somehow.

Alex

Answers (0)