Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

security at implementation phase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Can any one explain me..?

How the roles or T codes are assigned to the FUNCTIONAL and TECHNICAL consultant at the time of start of implementation.

are any standard roles and profiles are used. if so what are they,

and also tell me some thing about S_PROJECT auth object.

regards,

pratap

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru,

Lets try it the other way around => you tell us what you know about S_PROJECT and roles for consultants. If you use the search you can also find out more before you start telling us - for example mention which system in the landscape they should have this S_PROJECT in, and which role.

Then the rest of us can comment on whether we agree or not?

How is that for an idea?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

hi,

ok S_PROJECT is used in development system to restrict a particular functional consultant to his area only. Ex SD .

and regarding roles no idea. even i don t know how we use this auth object.

and also expecting some light on QUALITY server too.

I Hope we can start with this.

pratap

0 Kudos

I was looking through the "sticky thread" for FAQ's at the top of the forum page and found some interesting infos and search terms as well. What do you think of transaction 'SPRO_ADMIN'?

> and also expecting some light on QUALITY server too.

I myself have been thinking about this before and sometimes also shaking my head. I don't think that the project customizing should be changed on the QAULITY system - so the roles for this should not be transported further than the development servers / clients.

The problem is that if you do not change things which need to be tested (or will impact testing) in the original source, then it becomes a mess with over-writing changes with older versions for some types of objects.

Can you shed some light on object S_TABU_DIS for me? I am also expecting some information on the "Test" category of the client settings?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi julius,

as you know, authorization object S_TABU_DIS is actually

used for table level security. where a table is assigned to an authorization group and in turn this authorization group is assigned to DICBERCLS in S_TABU_DIS, but let us know what is that you are looking for,

so that we can discuss on that.

and also I would like to know when an implementation project is started what roles will be assigned to users (ex:- abapuser etc).

regards,

pratap

Edited by: pratap s on Sep 1, 2008 8:36 AM

0 Kudos

Thanks Pratap!

> and also I would like to know when an implementation project is started what roles will be assigned to users (ex:- abapuser etc).

That has been discussed here before. Check this search out:

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/search.jspa?threadID=&q=authorizationfordeveloperjohncleese+sap_all&objID=f208&dateRange=all&numResults=15&rankBy=10001

Should the developer have this role in the production server?

Cheers,

Julius