Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disp+work getting stopped?

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have successfully installed NW 2004s SR2 (ABAPJAVA). However, when I am trying to start the instance, after some seconds, *dispwork.exe* is getting stopped thereby instance is not coming up!

Here as of now, I am unable to point out the problematic area so that I can start some work arounds.

Any help would be appreciated greatly!

Following are the details:

DB :Oracle 10g 32 bit

And also, kindly let me know what is the reason for disp+work.exe to get stopped.

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Sirgo,

The problem was that Listener was not running. I have found out it in dev_w0 log.

I have rewarded you with points.

Thanks one again for your suggestiongs.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

In any case increase your SWAP .... 1,5*RAM + 8GB

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dear Faisal Khan. If you want to get help ,before you need to read what other users writes for you ..... Are you read my last post for your last question? I'm think "NO", because you are try "Fresh installation" and what you see now? Befor you need to check why error comes ..... And check are your Oracle >= 10.2.0.2 , are you increase SWAP at least to 20 GB? i'm install ABAP+JAVA on 2003 win 32 bit without any problems. Also are you know 32 bit are not recomended for production, and SAP not recomends to use 32 bit ...

In any case dev_w0 file gives you information why your DISP+WORK stops.

Regards.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergo,

Thanks alot for your response. The swap space I am using is 8GB. Will it be not enough?

Regarding your last post, I have increased swap space after reading that message only !

Regards,

Faisal