cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You do not have permission to view the System Landscape Directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

When I accessed my SLD from portal, it took me to the page but kept saying:

- You do not have permission to view the System Landscape Directory. Minimum required: UME role with permission com.sap.lcr.LcrUser and J2EE role LcrUser. See the SLD Post-Installation Guide for details

- SLD not configured; configure the SLD in Administration first.

I searched on these forums for the above error. Got some results, but nothing really substantial that has helped/fixed my problem.

I also read a bit on SLD from the pdf file named: System Landscape

Directory of SAP NetWeaver 2004s

I also worked on the security roles and actions to individual

users or user groups like for ex: the above pdf file advised I map the security roles from Visual Administrator, to the created roles in the portal. I've done that too. Like create a user group: 'SAP_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR' and create a user role corresponding to it, which would be: 'LcrAdministrator'

Then, I went to visual administrator, and clicked on 'Assign User Groups to Roles'

Even after this, I tried to access the SLD from portal: It is still giving me the same error I mentioned above in bold italics.

Can somebody please help me how to fix this issue?

Thanks

Dino.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dino,

Are you able to login to SLD??

Click on the Help once you login and read the pdf file. It will help you with your configuration. Also need to check the Post installation SLD document on service.sap.com/instguide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another thing to goto http://<yourserver>:<port>/useradmin ->

Check if the LcrAdministrator Role has the the action sap.com_com.sap.lcr.LcrAdministrator.

Regards Michael

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

By graham -

"To resolve it I would go into VA, - Server - Service - Security Provider. Click on the security Roles Tab, then in the left side of security provider I would double click on sap.com/com.sap.lcr*sld as this will copy across the security roles. Under Security Roles click on LcrAdministrator, go into change mode and add the group Administrators or SAP_J2EE_ADMIN or whatever role your admin user has."

i had this same problem just now, this one solved it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dino,

Add your User to SAP_SLD_Administrator Group.

Search for SAP_SLD_Administrator group.

Search for the User and Add it.

Save and access SLD.

Regards

ambicasony

Former Member
0 Kudos

This should normally not be an issue and it just sounds like something is a bit amiss somewhere. To resolve your issue will be a lot easier remotely like this than finding what is wrong with what you have done.

To resolve it I would go into VA, - Server - Service - Security Provider. Click on the security Roles Tab, then in the left side of security provider I would double click on sap.com/com.sap.lcr*sld as this will copy across the security roles. Under Security Roles click on LcrAdministrator, go into change mode and add the group Administrators or SAP_J2EE_ADMIN or whatever role your admin user has.

It is likely you have an add-in and are pointing to the wrong clint for where you have made sec changes or similar, at least this should get you going

good luck

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Graham:

Thank you very much for making the effort to reply to my query.

But, it still hasnt solved my problem yet.. for some reason even though I followed your instructions and did what you advised.

I have attached a screenshot of my Visual Administrator screen that you advised me to modify/change.

Here it is: http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/2259/screenshot002co1.jpg

After I made the changes, I restarted the J2EE server and went to my portal SLD page: [http://org-x:50000/sld]

Tried authenticating usernames: LcrAdministrator and Administrator.

Both attempts resulted in the same error show below:

- You do not have permission to view the System Landscape Directory. Minimum required: UME role with permission com.sap.lcr.LcrUser and J2EE role LcrUser. See the SLD Post-Installation Guide for details

- SLD not configured; configure the SLD in Administration first.

I am wondering, if you would have another workaround regarding this issue, can you please let me know?

Thanks

Dino.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bearing in mind I do not know if you are using an add-in or not I would check the following.

1. Go to http://org-x:50000/useradmin and check that your used is associated with a group that has that administrators priviledge.

2. Go to the Visual Administrator on the SLD and go to Server - Services - SDL Data Provider and there is a button top left that has a couple of people on it (sort of) ..... click that once.

3. If you are an add in, make sure that the client that the SLD connects to is the same client you have a user defined in and that user has the right role.

4. Try stop and starting the SLD if you are allowed.

hopefully something in 1-4 will fix it

regards

G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Graham:

oh man.. lol.. I dont understand why my SLD is not getting fixed even after I made all the necessary changes.

I did what you advised in your last post..

I posted a video capture of my desktop and my activity to show you..

It is a small video capture file. Atleast, you can see in realtime etc..

Please download here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/o2a0ky

Thank You,

Dino.

Former Member
0 Kudos

avi not readable.

directly under the server node there is a rfc.trc file or similar. Can you look in there for errors please.

Does any user have access to the sld admin page?

Former Member
0 Kudos
avi not readable.

directly under the server node there is a rfc.trc file or similar. Can you look in there for errors please.

Does any user have access to the sld admin page? 

Graham:

- Regarding the .avi file. You need atleast, [VLC media player|http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html] to view it. Its only 9mb in size. And its one of the best opensource multimedia file player out there. If u get a chance, plz download it.

- I've tried looking initially under Visual Admin for that rfc.trc file. Couldnt find it.. Is this file located in a specific spot? Cuz, I searched the whole c:\usr\sap folder for rfc.trc file. Didnt find anything.

- Nope. Not a single user has access to SLD admin page. I've tried Administrator, and also created user, 'Dino' and gave it administrative rights and also assigned to SAP_SLD_Administrator group.

So, everything seems to be in its place, but for some reason, I am still not able to get access to SLD page.

Anymore thoughts regarding this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you install this system? If you can try to login in system with Administrator user (if you have only JAVA) or J2EE_ADMIN (if you have ABAP+JAVA) and after navigate to SLD, or directly navigate to /sld and after login form this users login/password. Regards.