cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Siemens is a BIG Cheat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Nobody shd do certification atleast in SD from Siemens, Delhi.

Rgds.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Don't get disheartened. Guess, they might have not arranged any interview for you. It is not their fault. It is our failure for not enqiring properly before joining for any course.

A person cannot get entry in SAP just because of holding a certificate. Being a functional consultant the company expects from you sound business process knowledge also. You are certified only for knowledge in SAP. Please keep on making your trials. Never stop practising SAP and try to learn and practice as many scenarios as possible. Have patience and certainly you will get a break.

Wish you all the best...

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sagar,

I understand your pain & frustration... I know its easy to advise but very hard to be in a situation like you are into...

I am not trying to advise you, but just listen to my story...

I did SAP SD course from local (non recognised) institute in Mumbai at 1/10 of the money you spend for certification.

Believe me we were just taught end-user part... Even we were not taught Customising... We ourselves made a group of 3 - 4 students & learnt some of Customising part...

After completion of the course (& remaining job-less for two months) I once again took up job in my domain (cause I required to earn some money) but continued studying SAP & practicing it...

Finally after seven months of completion of course I got a SAP job with a SAP end-user company as an in-house consultant... Today after 2 years i am still with the same & now almost at par with other SAP consultants...

My only point in telling you all this is PLEASE DONT LOSE HEART & KEEP PRACTICING... Atleast you have SAP certificate, there are conpanies looking for Certified freshers... (Infact IBM is currently interviewing Certified freshers).

Dont get frustrated & keep trying... Keep in your mind that nomatter whatever happens you want to get into SAP SD...

Things will definitely work out in your favour...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Mumbai

Edited by: Jignesh Mehta on Aug 30, 2008 12:55 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is this forum for blaming someone or solving issue ?. Personal issue should be kept away from this forum

Regards

Sandeep Bhowmick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandeep

You are right. But this forum is also to create public awareness. I'm just cautioning other aspiring consultants because I feel a sense of social responsibility. It is not that ONLY I've some personal grievance with Siemens. Who so ever does certification from Siemens repents.

Siemens arrange interviews but first of all not seriously & secondly they don't impart Customizing training at all (which is the matter of concern) & who so ever gets entry feels totally BLANK in IMG setting. Because the instructors, there, don't tell any IMG T.Codes nor any Customizing. And the biggest reponsibility of such pathetic scenario is of SAP, who does not bother about such quality despite so many requests & complaints.

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am emphathetic to what has happened to you. But no matter what, any training institute, Seimens or any other, does basic training giving the required basic training inputs. No institute gives you 100% of everything. Practically it is impossible.

It is upto the indivudual to practise & come up with issues or clarifications. In Seimens you are provided with 24 hrs lab facility. So after the training classes, we are supposed to practice & come up with doubts or issues sothat the faculty will provide solution to it. Its the same with any other insititute.

Coming to the interview point of view, companies when looking for certified freshers will also look for domain experience. If you have done your certification in SD, companies expect you to have a min 3-4 years exp in marketing or sales. This is necessary coz unless you have a domain exp, inspite of you being certified, you willnot be able to understand & have a clear idea about real time scenarios & how the client conducts his business.

So before doing cetification, you should have thought if you have that domain exp.

Moreover this is a professional forum. Any personal ideas or thoughts should be put across in blogs. Not in forum threads. It is in your interest & for your good that you have a sound domain knowledge before taking up any certifications. Sothat you will have a clear understanding on the client's business to map it to SAP. Pls dont be under impression that once you are certified an SAP job is assured inspite of not having proper experience. Things are not that simple in SAP. Pls dont be carried away by what people say.

So dont get disheartened, you will get a grip on the subject (like customization as you mentioned) only when you practise. Not when you clear an exam. So pls be through with subject & do trails in SAP.

Wishing you all the best.

Regards,

Sivanand

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sagar

As rightly pointed out by Ravi, dont loose your patience and get upset. As you would be aware, Siemens is authorised by SAP to conduct certification exams in India, and they have some reputation.

Apart from SAP knowledge, if you have some domain experience in Sales, try to configure those scenarios on your own and keep practicing daily. Definitely at some point of time, this will yield fruitful result, if not immediately.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi