cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Stored Procedure call in a Derived Table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can a statement that defines derived table in the Designer contain a call to an Oracle Stored Proc? The proc takes one varchar2 parameter and returns a result set that consists of one field of several records and is currently implemented via sys_refcursor (return type is flexible as long as it allows to pass the result set back)

Is there any difference between BOXI R2 and R3.0 regarding to the matter?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use BOXI R2. I call oracle stored package function as dimension (i create this dimension in Universe Designer). You must define such function in oracle.prm and oracleen.prm files (it is necessary to restart cms engine after that).

I think the same workaround could be possible with stored procedure.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

In XI R 3 you can now created a special universe to use stored procedures.A stored procedure universe is a special universe that enables Web Intelligence users to access stored procedures residing in the database. In BusinessObjects XI Release 3, you can use stored procedures with Desktop Intelligence and with universes in Designer. You also benefit from universes that contain stored procedures for Crystal Reports and Web Intelligence.

XI R 2 no can do.

Hope this helps

Jacques

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does this supports to stored procedure in package. when i am trying this i am unable to view procedures in list of procedures which are part of package.