cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How repository is in real time???? design

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For example if I am to desgin a repository for SAP SD module does we need to create to separate repository for customer and vendors in products table? Pleae correct If i am thinking in a wrong way. What should be my prespective to design the repository for the above?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For example if I am to desgin a repository for SAP SD module does we need to create to separate repository for customer and vendors in products table? Pleae correct If i am thinking in a wrong way. What should be my prespective to design the repository for the above

The repository in MDM can be based on any of the Business objects such as Customers( SD module will be probably covered in this), Vendor, Article, Material, Product, Business Partner etc.

Also you can create a repository based on your needs altogether. That is, customize a repository.

Hence based on the requirement a repository model can be created in MDM. However, if you want to create a repository based on two business objects, it becomes quite complex to achieve this.

Products in MDM is the default table in MDM. Hence it is advisable to have a business object in that. There is only 1 main table as of this version of MDM.

In Real time, we generally create a repository based on the business requirement and the landscape of the project if the requirement cant be met with the pre-delivered business content from SAP.

However, with the next version, SAP has planned to come out with many enhanced features such as multiple Main table etc which will help you out to support two business objects in MDM.

For details on MDM 7.1, kindly follow the link below:

MDM 7.1 release -

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0d0b0e7-f144-2b10-17a2-982103c9...

This first part of the series provides you with a complete overview of new and enhanced features that are planned to come with SAP NetWeaver MDM Release 7.1 (release to customer for Ramp-up Q4/2008)

and also gives you a general outlook of the strategy and direction of SAP NetWeaver MDM.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

MDM has some predefined business contents masters available like Material,Cutomer,Supplier,Article etc based on the way masters are saved in a n ERP system.

If you want to build a master data mangement around these then all you have to do is unarchive the business content on to the MDM server and use the predesigned rep.

However if you wish to design a rep which is combination of two or more masters or a differnt master rep which is not provided with the standard business content then you will have to design it yourself.

refering to the sources sytems from where you will be importing the data.

It can also be the case sometimes that you are refering to a standard master say for eg Material master ,but the data coming in to the MDM rep is not from a single ERP system but may be some other legacy systems too which may have additional fields.

So you will ahve to customize your rep in that case.

Also the present MDM vr till SP06 does not support two main table concept which will howevr be included i the 7.1 vr of MDM.So as i said if you wnat to refer 2 diff master then you will have to create 2 rep pertaining to each for use.

Hope it helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes in order to effectively manage the Master we need to create a separate repository because there is only one Main Table exists in the current versions of MDM, while we have more than one Main table concept coming up in MDM 7.1 in which different masters will share the same lookup data.

Please refer the below link for the Features and Enhancements that MDM 7.1 will provide.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0d0b0e7-f144-2b10-17a2-982103c9...

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The current version of MDM supports only one product table per repository. That means if you want two master tables, customers and vendors you have to create two different repositories for the same.

Probably in the next coming version MDM 7.1 this feature will be available.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz