cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR in SAP System Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus!!

We are trying to install a SRM system (EBP4.0) into existing database (oracle 9.2) - MCOD mode - but when we run the installation the process terminates with the next error in sapinst.log

ERROR 2008-08-29 11:16:50

CJS-00084 SQL Statement or Script failed. Error Message: Executable /oracle9/app/product/9.2/bin/sqlplus returns 1.

We also see in the ora_sql_results.log the next error:

2008-08-29, 11:16:50 SAPINST ORACLE start logging for

connect / as sysdba ;

@@"/tmp/sapinst_instdir/oradbusr.sql"

exit;

Output of SQL executing program:

Error 6 initializing SQL*Plus

Message file sp1<lang>.msb not found

SP2-0750: You may need to set ORACLE_HOME to your Oracle software directory

SAPINST: End of output of SQL executing program /oracle9/app/product/9.2/bin/sqlplus.

SAPINST found errors.

SAPINST The current process environment may be found in sapinst_ora_environment.log.

2008-08-29, 11:16:50 SAPINST ORACLE stop logging

We think that the problem is that the installation process set the oracle_home environment variable as "/oracle/<SID>/920_64" although we specified in the input fields of the installation screens that the oracle_home must be other one (we can see the environment variables set up by the installation process in the sapinst_ora_environment.log file)

2008-08-29, 11:16:50 SAPINST Current process environment:

_=./sapinstexe

LANG=en_US

LOGIN=root

MAQ=oracle2desa

PATH=/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:/usr/bin/X11:/sbin:/usr/java14/jre/bin:/usr/java14/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/opt/ifor/ls/os/aix/

bin:/oracle9/app/product/9.2/bin

LC__FASTMSG=true

EDITOR=/usr/bin/vi

HISTFILE=//.history/root_U233767

LOGNAME=root

MAIL=/usr/spool/mail/root

ORACLE_SID=BYD

LOCPATH=/usr/lib/nls/loc

PS1=$MAQ ($LOGNAME) $PWD->

USER=root

AUTHSTATE=compat

DEFAULT_BROWSER=netscape

DISPLAY=HOR491702K:0.0

SHELL=/usr/bin/ksh

ODMDIR=/etc/objrepos

JAVA_HOME=/usr/java14/jre

HOME=/

TERM=vt220

MAILMSG=[YOU HAVE NEW MAIL]

ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/BYD/920_64

PWD=/tmp/sapinst_instdir

TZ=NFT-1DFT,M3.5.0,M10.5.0/03:00

TTYUSER=U233767

A__z=! LOGNAME

NLSPATH=/usr/lib/nls/msg/%L/%N:/usr/lib/nls/msg/%L/%N.cat

LIBPATH=/tmp/sapinst_instdir:/sapmnt/BYD/exe

dbms_type=ORA

dbs_ora_schema=SAPR3

dbs_ora_tnsname=BYD

DIR_LIBRARY=/sapmnt/BYD/exe

NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8DEC

ORACLE_BASE=/oracle

SAPDATA_HOME=/oracle/BYD

SAPSYSTEMNAME=BYD

SAPINST: End of current process environment.

Maybe if we changed the control.xml file we could solve the problem but we have already try it without luck, so can anybody tell us wich line of control.xml file must we change?

Anybody knows other solution for this issue?

Thank you very much in advanced,

Edorta Ramos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edorta,

Since this is a MCOD installation, search for installation notes that address this type of installation only.

Also, try to set the environment variable dbs_ora_schema=SAP<SID> where SAP<SID> is the owner of the tables in the database and try if that works.

Cheers,

Nisch

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have windows 2003 Operating system in C: drive as well. But on E drive I have installed WIN again as dual operating system. I tried to install through WIN from E drive.. succeeded in Java,.,.Oracle./. and central instance.. I can be able to connect to sqlplus from Command prompt..

But in database instance, I am getting the error - "CJS-00084 SQL Statement or Script failed. Error Message: Executable D:\oracle\ora92/bin/sqlplus.exe returns 3.

ERROR 2011-12-06 10:26:22

FJS-00012 Error when executing script..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the environmental variables, define the home path and restart the installation it will be done.

All the Best

Regards

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

IF it is windows OS. Please right click on My computer icon on the desktop> properties>Advanced --> Environmental Variables > Click on NEW> Give variable name as JAVA_HOME and variable value as path of jre (Ex: C:\j2sdk1.4.2_04\jre) Once entered say OK.

In System variables section. select for path and click on edit. go the last and enter ";" and give the path for bin directory (Ex: C:\j2sdk1.4.2_04\bin).

Hope it is help full.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!!

We set the environment variable ora_home correctly, referenced to our oracle home directory but then the installation process change it referencing to /oracle/<SID>/920_64 as we can see in log files.

Any other idea?

Thank you,

Edorta Ramos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the environmental variable for ORA_HOME.

Thanks

Prabhat