cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packaging. How to pack next example

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need some help about packaging instructions. My issue is that I want to do the next:

Pallet: C60201

Boxes: C60204

Material 1: C10021

Material 2: C10022

In each pallet (C60201) I can load 9 boxes (C60204). In each box I can have 10 pieces from reference C10021 or 7 from C10022. In a pallet I can have C10021 and C10022 references, but each box contains only one reference.

For example. If I have a delivery for 50 C10021 references and 25 C10022 references, I will need:

1 Pallet

9 boxes (5 for the C10021, 4 for the C10022)

If I deliver 100 C10021 and 25 C10022, I will need:

2 Pallets

14 boxes (10 for the C10021, 4 for the C10022)

It is also possible that I need only to deliver one reference, for example 100 pieces from reference C10021.Then I will need:

2 Pallets

10 boxes

Any idea about how can I create that packaging instruction (POP1)? Which should be the Item Category (Packaging, Reference, Subordinate,...)? And the target quantity, minimun quantity and rounding quantity? Any flag to tick?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For that u have to crete multi level packaging.

1. Maintain Packaging Material Type Verp for packaging Material i.e pallets & Boxes.For E.g (PALT & BOXE)

2. Define packaging material type for pallets(PALT) & Boxes(BOXE) in Customising and maintain the same in material master of packaging Material (Pallets & Boxes)

3. Define material group for pallets (PLT)& Boxes(BXT) in Customising

4.Define Allowed Packaging Material in SPRO

For Ex PALT----- PLT

BOXE-----BXT

5.Now assign Material group (PLT) for packaging material in material master data of Pieces (Basic Data -1)

6. In material master of Pallet assign material group of Boxes(BXT)

In this way u can pack pieces into pallets and pallets into boxes.

In packing screen there is an option to restrict the no of quantities by restricting weight &volume of the material .

Revert if not resolved

Regards

Amit Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your quick answer.

My configuration is the next for my example:

Material C10021

Basic data -1 -->Matl Grp Pack Matls = PLT

Material C10022

Basic data -1 -->Matl Grp Pack Matls = PLT

Material C60201 (Pallet)

Basic data -1 -->Matl Grp Pack Matls = BXT

Sales: Sales org. 2 --> Gen. Item Cat. Grp = LEIK

Item Category Group = LEIK

Sales: General/plant -->Matl Grp Pack Matls = BXT

Pack. Material Type = PALT

Material C60202 (Boxes)

Basic data -1 -->Matl Grp Pack Matls = BXT

Sales: Sales org. 2 --> Gen. Item Cat. Grp = LEIK

Item Category Group = LEIK

Sales: General/plant -->Matl Grp Pack Matls = BXT

Pack. Material Type = BOXE

In customizing, allowed packaging material:

PALT --> PLT

BOXE --> BXT

This is something that I've already setup, but now... How can I pack it? Which should be the status components and item categories and quantities in the POP1 (Packing instructions) ?

I am still lost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After this Go in delivery & select C10021 & C10022, do pack,it will automatically pack into pallets and generate HU No For Eg XXXXXX

Now select Pack HUs Tab .In this u will see HU No XXXXXX for pack in bottom. Select this HU & on right hand side there is 3 color (Red Yellow & Blue) Button---Choice of allowed packaging material. When u click this it will automatically give u an option Of Box.

Pack it in Box and u get the desired result.

For Item Category Maintain Item category Group VERP. And maintain item catgory determination in transaction 0184

Delivery Type (LF) + Item Cat Gp(VERP) + Usage (PACK) + item category( HUPM).

& if u want to maintain item cat gp-LEIK then maintain LEIK in transaction 0184 instead of VERP

Revert if still not resolved

Regards

Amit Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

But you don't have to create any Packing instruction before going to the Delivery?

What I've done and it is working now, at least for one material is:

Go to the POP1 create a Packaging instruction, por example PACK_C10021; here I added the component C60201(Pallet) with a quantity of 1 (default) and then I've created a Subordinate packing instruction (Item Category I) which contents are:

Item category Component Target Minimum Rounding

P C60202(Box) 1

M C10021 9 1 1

Then when I go to the delivery, it automatically package my material. For example, if I have a delivery of 10 for material C10021 the delivery packages it with 1 Pallet (C60201) and 2 boxes (C60202). If the delivery is 100, it packages with 2 pallets and 11 boxes. So it works now. I have not to go to any screen inside the delivery it packages everything automatically. The problems is when I have more than one material for the same pallet. Then still I only want to use one pallet it askes for 2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I realise about what you really mean. But following your instructions I have to pack it manually, not automatically. There is any way to do it automatically with SAP?

Thank you

Answers (0)