cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[New SAP NetWeaver 7.01 ABAP Trial Version] - Installation issues

0 Kudos

Hi community

thanks to SAP for this trial release with MaxDB 7.7

Unfortunately the installation failed on my laptop. This is an extract of the error log:

(Aug 26, 2008 1:29:15 AM), Install, com.sap.installshield.CheckServicesAction, err, CheckServicesAction(bean17): Expected service (SAPNSP_00) is not currently running

(Aug 26, 2008 1:29:15 AM), Install, com.sap.installshield.CheckServicesAction, wrn, CheckServicesAction(bean17): Service SAPNSP_00 is not available, retry after 10 s.

(Aug 26, 2008 1:30:15 AM), Install, com.sap.installshield.CheckServicesAction, err, An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file D:sapnwNSPlog.txt for details.

(Aug 26, 2008 1:30:15 AM), Install, com.sap.installshield.CheckServicesAction, err, ProductException: (error code = 601; message="Services failed to start (see the log for details)")

STACK_TRACE: 12

ProductException: (error code = 601; message="Services failed to start (see the log for details)")

(Aug 26, 2008 1:30:16 AM), Install, com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct, err, An error occurred and product uninstallation failed. Look at the log file D:sapnwNSPlog.txt for details.

(Aug 26, 2008 1:30:16 AM), Install, com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles, err, ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [java.lang.Exception])

STACK_TRACE: 15

ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [java.lang.Exception])

My problem is not completely new, there are some hint in the Troubleshooting Guide for NW2004s ABAP Trial Version (step 4)

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/6055f523-df6e-2910-f0bf-acccbb0a7d37

and on this post another user had a problem similar to mine

I have jdk 1.6 installed on my machine but there are no environment variables for java executables.

Is my problem caused but the java previously installed on the machine? If so, I can remove the jdk and retry installation

In this case it could be useful in my opinion to include this issue in the FAQ, it can be helpful for other users too.

Best Regards,

Valerio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valerio,

It seems that Service SAP_NSP_00 is not available. You can check this and try to start manually then continue your installation, may be it helps.

Regards

Subhash

0 Kudos

Sorry, I forgot to say that service SAP_NSP_00 was started after the installation process. This service is automatically started at boot time and never reported failures in the start. Unfortunately the installation is not complete, If I try to start the instance it fails

This could be a timing problem, as reported in the Troubleshooting Guide. The service SAP_NSP_00 is not able to start "quickly" for the first time and the installer has a timeout after which reports the service as not started.

I say this could be, because the machine I used for the installation meets all the hardware requirements completely, with a clean installation of the operating system, no other applications running, no other processes running in the systray, no useless system services running.

However, if this would be the case, I should use a faster machine (which I have not...) or retry installation, hoping for better luck

Thanks a lot for your help, but I don't thinks this is the point

Regards, Valerio

0 Kudos

Well, I was able to install the software correctly.

I simply monitored the installation process accurately, and when I saw in the log file the first errors about the service SAPNSP_00 not yet running, I started the service manually. The installer was able to complete the installation without problems.

It is very important to do that without doing too much noise on the keyboard or using the mouse

PS: Before doing that I removed java on the machine, but it is clear that it didn't help much, the errors in the log file are just the same as before

Thanks everybody for your support,

Valerio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great that it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have problems installing..in windows vista business

I get this error

(Oct 10, 2008 8:02:36 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.maxdb.maxdb_call_sdbinst, err, An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file C:\sapdb\NSP\log.txt for details.

(Oct 10, 2008 8:02:36 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.maxdb.maxdb_call_sdbinst, err, ProductException: (error code = 601; message="An Error happened during call of MaxDB Tool sdbinst. Check end of Logfile C:/Users/Ariel/AppData/Local/Temp/MaxDBSAPNWPREV.log")

STACK_TRACE: 22

ProductException: (error code = 601; message="An Error happened during call of MaxDB Tool sdbinst. Check end of Logfile C:/Users/Ariel/AppData/Local/Temp/MaxDBSAPNWPREV.log")

at com.sap.installshield.maxdb.maxdb_call_sdbinst.install(maxdb_call_sdbinst.java:193)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProduct(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.wizard.service.LocalImplementorProxy.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.wizard.service.AbstractService.invokeImpl(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.GenericProductService.installProduct(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installAssembly(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.access$900(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem as Subhash Chandra when installing on Vista Ultimate. We're you able to successfully install the trial version? Can you offer any assistance?

Thanks so much.

Barbara

Edited by: Barbara Franken on Nov 4, 2008 8:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Valerio, I'm having this same error, I've tried install many times,

my last hope is start the SAPNSP_00 service manually,

but how can I start manually?

via services.msc? it will not be so fast,

I dont know the command line, cause it even create the start menus with the icon "start application server", or something like that

since sunday I am trying to still netweaver 7.01 with no success

tnx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally I've installed my netweaver 7.01 on vista ultimate successfully,

when the setup ask for start the application server, before I press finish, I started this batch file I created

start.bat

rem **************************

c:

cd\sap\nsp\sys\exe\run

sapstartsrv.exe

rem **************************

and after that click finish

and the installation was finished successfully.

hope this help another one

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I successfully installed SAP NetWeaver 7.01 ABAP Trial Version on Vista Home edition - still haven't been successful with Vista Ultimate.

I was able to start the application server by following the steps outlined by Marcelo Ramos at the following link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0c0bdf1-3440-2b10-db8a-ae16f614...

I hope this helps someone else as well.

Barbara