cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP At Storage Location Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a finish goods, which have stock in 2 storage location A and B. I have created some sales based for storage location A and it is more then the quantity available in storage location A. Let say, Storage location A got 1000 pcs, the sales order created for storage location A is 1200 pcs. Then In storage location B have 50. Then a sales order created for storage location B, but ATP cannot confirm the order. During the ATP check in the ATP quantity simulation screen you can see there is available quantity in storage location B, but it cannot get confirm.

My understand from SAP online help is even though I am using ATP checking rule at storage location level, by default SAP still do the ATP at plant level first, then for the above case, because the total plant stock (1000+ 50 = 1050) is no sufficinet for the storage location A sales order of 1200 pcs, hence when sales order for storage location B is created, it check at plant level, not sufficient stock ,hence sales order cannot confirm, it seem like if at plant level not enought stock, it will not go down to storage location level to check.

My question is why I am configure to do ATP at storage location level, why SAP by default still do ATP at Plant level then only go down to storage location level. For the above case, it did make sense from business point of view, that storage location actually have stock, but I cannot sell it!!!

Anyone have the similar issue asa above?? How do you get rid of it?

dannysao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i danny,

i have also stock in 2 sotrage locations.

i do the atp-check at plant level in the order.

i create deliverys without a sotrage location.

For the creation of a wm-transport i do a batch-split and can separate for each batch an separate split-position with its own storage location.

now the collecting can go on.

Hans

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

many project also have this issue, if the ATP for sales order to be done at storage location or plant level, many people wanted to do it at storage location level, as of there are many storage locations and with many purposes, some for sales and some not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SAP will say buy APO. The other alternative is to implement MRP area and assign each SLOC to a different MRP area. Then the ATP will be specific to the SLOC only.

Frank