cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

secound instace installation on unix system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am just installed the BI 7.0 and installed the patch level of ABAP 18 and BI-cont path leval 10 to this BI server. But BI functional people facing some object missing problem.

Now we are proceed for Second instance installation on same server because on first instace functional people done some work.

Second instance required for check for the object which are missing in first instace. After installation we will check the object step by step before applying the patch level of bi-content patch and BW path for new instance

My problem is what is the steps for for second instance installation because my server is solaris 10 and database is oracle and I need to install path levels after installation of second instance

What is the file system and oracle requirement for second instance ?

regards,

ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am just installed the BI 7.0 and installed the patch level of ABAP 18 and BI-cont path leval 10 to this BI server. But BI functional people facing some object missing problem.

Which objects are missing? How do they detect that? During content activation?

Now we are proceed for Second instance installation on same server because on first instace functional people done some work.

I´m not sure why do you this... can you elaborate?

My problem is what is the steps for for second instance installation because my server is solaris 10 and database is oracle and I need to install path levels after installation of second instance

you will need to install the system either as MCOD (http://service.sap.com/mcod) or as an instance with a different ORACLE_HOME.

I´m sure the first/original problem can be solved by telling us, what exactly is missing so you won´t need to install the same thing again.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear below is my probelm

after applying BI content patch level 10 and bw patch level 18 & creating source systems some transformation are missing .

like below

Business content is missing ( 0RT_PA_TRAN_CONTROL_TR not found)

or send email id so i can send some screen screen shots

please check attached the docs

regards,

ravi

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a known problem (apparently):

1150054 - Transformation 0RT_DS53 -> 0RT_SL_02 cannot be activated

Markus

Answers (0)