cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying Control: Sales Document to Sales Document delete

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

I want to prevent users to create a sales order refer to another sales order.

They always do that in my company, so we have a big document flow and proces are most of the time false :-(.

I'm a junior in customizing and I htought I can delete the copying control between my sales order type to sames order type.

What do you think about it? what can be the impact?

thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is nothing wrong in deleting the copying control bewwen same order types. But, you need to check with the senior people or business for their opinion. Rather than taking a hasty decision, you need to consult others in your company or client.

We can suggest you to delete the same, but you are the person answerable in your company. So check with others, if they are not having any issues, go on.

There will not be any impact, if you delete the copying control between same order types.

Prase

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

Deleting copy controles it;s not good go to vov8 in genral controle reffrance mandatory field is there keept blank .then systeam will not ask reff.

I hope your problem will be sloved.

Venkataswamy.Y

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Swiercz,

There is no harm in Deleting Copy control between Order type to Order type, provided you are sure that either of the Order type would not be used to create other Order type.

Alternatively, in you copy control settings between Order types, you can delete all the Item Categories that are listed under Item.. This would make sure that no data is copied from one document into other...

Hope this helps...

Give points if useful...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Mumbai, India

091 98700 10230

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why to delete the Copy control table.

Data and fields are copied from the Source document to the Target document by the "Data transfer routines". Before data are copied the "Requirements " are checked by the System.

Your purpose can be achieved even if you will remove the "Routines" & "Requirements" from the required copying control table.