cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Development - What is needed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are starting XI implementation in two weeks time.

As I understand we will be using JDBC adapter for connectivity between XI & Oracle Database and IDOC adapter for XI & R3.

Our XI (SP15) installation will complete tomorrow. SLD is yet to be configured.

I am wondering what else need to be configured for starting XI development. XI Development will be done by external consultant and we have to keep the infrastructgure ready in two weeks time.

Your suggestions in this regard will be appreciated.

Regards

Chandu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

To connect to an Oracle DB, the Oracle Driver needs to be installed. The driver to be used depends on the JAVA version that you are using to access the XI server.

classes12.zip / classes12.jar driver is compatible with Java 1.2 and Java 1.3 only, but not with Java 1.4. To get this support upgrade current driver to latest oracle drivers (ojdbc14.jar)

Please download oracle jdbc driver (ojdbc14.jar ) and install in J2EE engine from this link-

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/index.html

This PDF can help you on the steps involved to install the JDBC driver.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3867a582-0401-0010-6cbf-964...

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for information. I have already downloaded Configurationh guide and will complete the steps accordingly.

I have two questions:

1) Apart from SLD, do I need to install and configure Java Development Infrastructure (i.e CMS, DTR, CBS etc).

2) Also, anything else needs to be installed on Oracle Database Server?

Further, all the configuration & development will be done on XI sandpit box. How can I move all the configuration and development to Dev box? Sandpit box is only temporary.

Thanks once again for your help.

Regards

Chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)Java Development Infrastructure is only needed when you want to build Java Applications etc. for XI in Team.

So it is not necessary to run a XI.

2)No, you don't need anything on Database Server. JDBC Adapter works with a Standart Oracle Installation.

Regards,

Robin

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>2) Also, anything else needs to be installed on Oracle Database Server?

if you want to use jdbc adapter you have to deploy jdbc driver for the oracle

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700003994312004E/HowTo_ConfigExtAdapters.pdf

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the inputs.

1) How do I move the configuration/development made in XI sandpit system to DEV. Current SANDPIT environment is only temporary till we get Servers for DEV, QAS & PRD.

2) Further, once DEV, QAS & PRD are in place, do we have to configure all the mappings/steps manually in each system or thru standard ABAP transports?

Regards

Chandu

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>1) How do I move the configuration/development made in XI sandpit system to DEV. Current SANDPIT environment is only temporary till we get Servers for DEV, QAS & PRD.

XI can transport XI objects with file transport or CMS

in your case file transport will be the easiest I guess

have a look at question 8 documents section:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions

>>>>2) Further, once DEV, QAS & PRD are in place, do we have to configure all the mappings/steps manually in each system or thru standard ABAP transports?

you can use file transports again or CMS

hope you use cenrtal SLD cause with central sld

it's much easier to do integratin directory transports

(repository transrts are very simple)

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

Thanks for all your help.

Regards

Chandu

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you're welcome:)

Regards,

michal

-

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

make sure you do all the steps as per

xi configuration guide

https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001697502004E.PDF

every step must be performed as in this guide

you can also make all check TCODES: SLDCHECK, SXI_CACHE

BTW