SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing a problem in workflow .In my business process i have to create a workflow for the complaint and if i send the complaint to the other department's inbox then if no body work on the complaint(not execute ) then this workflow will be expire and it will go to the manager's inbox.

so, can any body say me where i make this setting.

Regards,

Khurram Siddique

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to set a deadline monitoring, for activity or user decision step (look for latest end tab). Set the "Possible Actions Upon Missed Deadline" to Modeled, this will create an extra branch to your step. Upon deadlin is reach, the flow will direct to this extra line. You can add the similar step (work item) to this step which is set to send to another user. You may also need to remove the work item from the previous step in the previous user's inbox (where the deadline was met), in this case you need to add a process control step and set it to cancel work item and put the step number of the previous step.

I hope this helps!

Cheers

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have quite a few options to implement this requirement. Below are couple I can think of right now.

- use wait step in your workflow along with fork

- using request end date in the step

-ASB

0 Kudos

Hi ACB,

I do that thing but my problem is If deadline meet with the time then the wrokflow shud go to other user's inbox.

Regards,

Khurram Siddique

0 Kudos

hi ram

in that case u need to assign in the workflow to reach a user name who must receive that task once after the dead line is reached..i hope an even t must be triggered in that case,try to create an event after the deadline action.

hope it may work

regards

prince

0 Kudos

Hi ,

You could achive using two steps in series.

First step you send the work item to a user inbox and using request end date in the step you monitor the deadlines.

Once the deadline is reached the workflow will continues and go to second step where you send another workitem to another user.

-ASB

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

u need to set this in deadline settings.

regards

prince

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to set a deadline monitoring, for activity or user decision step (look for latest end tab). Set the "Possible Actions Upon Missed Deadline" to Modeled, this will create an extra branch to your step. Upon deadlin is reach, the flow will direct to this extra line. You can add the similar step (work item) to this step which is set to send to another user. You may also need to remove the work item from the previous step in the previous user's inbox (where the deadline was met), in this case you need to add a process control step and set it to cancel work item and put the step number of the previous step.

I hope this helps!

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanx for the reply when i choose 'Request End' and choose 'workitem creation' and add 5 minute .Take a modeled as a action and add a 'note' in the process .But it is not esclation of that user.

I think the problem in 'workitem creation' If I choose expression then i am unable to understand which date and time i shud take for Business contact.

Regards

Khurram Siddique

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you choose "expression", then the date and time should come from container of the workflow. But if you choose "work item creation", the deadline will start upon the creation of work item, you can choose the specific time there.

0 Kudos

Hi Sid

I got ur problem, u have to do few changes in ur workflow in step 'User Decision'

In tab page 'Decision' put '&_WF_INITIATOR&' in Parameter1.

In tab page 'Latest End' choose 'work item creation' in Ref. Date/Time and pass time limit as per your requiremnt .

Action should be 'Modeled'

and choose activity in Deadline Outcome as per ur requirment

and in tab page 'Requested End' choose 'No Deadline Monitoring Active' in Refer Date/Time.

It will definitiely helps u

and dont forget to give points

Regards

Charu jhuthra