cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inprocess Inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are facing some issue while doing UD for inspection lot created during inprocess inspection (inspection type 03). System is asking for a batch number. However for each production order we have more than one batch.

Is there any standard setting for handling this? I do not want to give a batch number for inprocess inspection lots.

Regards

TOM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check routing or master recipe where you have maintained inspection point and have made setting for partial lot assignment for batch setting. change that setting.

please revert back

Regards

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pravin

In master recipe, inspection point field is blank and Partial Lot assign field has value - "Partial Lot assignment according to plant default values" and there are other options also.

Which one should i use? Can you also let me know as to why batch no will not be required if we change this setting?

Regards

TOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TOM,

According to me if the material is Batch Managed, you have to mention the Batch at the inspection lot.

But i think at the total different solution it can be set that you can have a unique inspection lot for a batch. For that you need to set the "Control InspLot" setting accordingly in the Inspection type details in the Inspection setup of QM View for Material master.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you maintained inspection plan to inprocess check .

if you have maintained 150 in inspection point and partial lot according to plant default value, and you want to maintain as per quantity or time in QM data in master recipe while result recording you can create batch for every lot or if you want same batch then you can put there same.

Regards

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shyamal

Control Insppection Lot setting is not available for inspection type 03.

Regards

TOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pravin

Sorry your solution is not clear. can you please explain?

Regards

TOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oooooops I am sorry TOM,

Ok then lets try as what Pravin is suggesting. That works similarly as the Control InspLot do.

The setting to be done at Master Recipe: Header Screen for Quality Data. The field is Partial Lot assignment and the value to be chosen is "Partial Lot and Batch for each inspection point".

I think the Inspection point can be maintained as 150/200/100.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shyamal

It did not work..SAP still wants a batch.

Our requirement is that we want to create one inspection lot after a process order is released, collect all quality results and upload against the lot.

As we do GR, we will doing it multiple times against different batches. So i do not want to assign a batch against the inprocess inspection lot.

Regards

TOM

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know, you can't do what you want. A batch managed material forces the system to require a batch number for all inspection lots.

Craig