Did you mean: 

Reinstall Java Stack in existing Database

christian_laber2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello together,

today I have a difficult problem

The initial siuation is:

After a new installation of Oracle 10g and SAP Solution Manager 4.0 (ABAP + JAVA) I have made a homogeneous systemcopy from a existing SAP Solution Manager 4.0 (only ABAP Stack).

The systm runs very well but without JAVA (of course )

Is it possible to install the Java Stack in this existing database. I think this is only a new

DB-Schema ?!

All executables for the Java stack are available!!!

Thanks in advance for any help

BR

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understand you correctly you saying you did a homogeneous system copy of a solution manager system that didn't have a Java AS and now you want to install Java AS and use what Java executables from where ?

A lot of the Java AS configuration is stored in files so it is not really possible to use those files from another system on a new installation if that's what you are thinking of doing ? ...unless of course it has the same SID, hostname etc

Yes it does use a separate schema so you can do a Add-on Java installation.

Regards,

Nelis

christian_laber2
Participant
0 Kudos

>

> If I understand you correctly you saying you did a homogeneous system copy of a solution manager system that didn't have a Java AS and now you want to install Java AS and use what Java executables from where ?

Hello Nelis,

thanks for your reply.

I want to use the Java executables of the new created system. This system is installed as a ABAP+JAVA AS System. This is the only java AS in this SolMan landscape.

In detail it means that I want to use a copy of a non JAVA system in a correctly new installed ABAP+Java system!!

OK?????

BR

Christian

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In detail it means that I want to use a copy of a non JAVA system in a correctly new installed ABAP+Java system!!

I don't understand why you didn't just do a Java Add-in install then(before the syscopy) if you want to keep the previous Solution Manager ABAP. I think that will be the only way to do what you want.

Regards,

Nelis