SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set an accounting key in the pricing procedure to on account ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to set an accounting key in the pricing procedure to on account (Cr. student receivable)?

Because, I have to set a CA object to be "security money" which I will pay student back when they finished.

I tried to set an accounting key to reconciliation account but it cann't post.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you explain your query, because I'm not sure what you want? Which transaction do you use to create a student receivable.

I am also wondering why you want to post to a reconciliation account?

Kind regards,

Steve de Klonia

0 Kudos

Hi,

I use fee calculation to calculate tuition fee and "security money".

I have to return "security money" when student finished.

So, I would like to post it like a on account (Cr. student receivable) which is an open item.

I tried to use contract object, but when I assign a reconcile account as accounting key. It cann't post.

Regards,

Grongtong C.

0 Kudos

I would not receommend using tuition calcuation to post the security fee. Instead, you can use other processes to post this item to the student account. For example, you could use a follow-up action to registration to call the a function module to post the fee.

Michael

0 Kudos

If your customizing is complete (e.g. set up accounting keys, contract objects) you just have to link your accounting key to a GL account (receivable / payable). Don't link it with a reconciliation account, because a reconciliation account should be end up with balance zero. the money you are going to pay back to the student is a payable amount.

good luck.

Kind regards,

Steve de Klonia