Hi,

What is LTU Pl explain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SAPSD

http://www.infodriveindia.com/Notifications/Instructions-regarding-Large-Taxpayers-Unit-17960.aspx

The Finance Minister in his Budget Speech 2005-06 announced the proposal to set up

> Large Taxpayer Units (hereinafter referred to as LTUs)

in the country, which would act as a single window facilitation centre for all large entities paying excise duty, corporate tax/income tax and service tax. Notifications No. 18/2006-CE(NT) to 22/2006-CE(NT) and 28/2006-S.Tax all dated 30th September 2006 have been issued providing jurisdictional authority for LTU and for making changes in the Central Excise Rules, 2002, Cenvat Credit Rules, 2004, and Service Tax Rules, 1994. The first LTU has been set up at Bangalore, and it has since commenced operation from 3rd October, 2006. For carrying out legislative changes to give effect to various provisions and facilities with regard to a large tax payer, a new rule 12 BB has been inserted in the Central Excise Rules, 2002, a rule 12 A has been inserted in the Cenvat Credit Rules, 2004, and similarly, rule 10 has been inserted in the Service Tax Rules, 1994. In this way, it has been ensured that the amendments carried out are to the required minimum extent.

Please use the above URL for more info on the same.

Thx.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think PI means(Process Integration).

This section provides you with information about administration and maintenance tasks specific to the SAP NetWeaver usage type Process Integration (PI). It also refers you to the tools and documentation required to perform these tasks.

With the usage type PI, you can integrate applications from one or multiple systems.

THANKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thx for replyin

LTU (some thing related to tax) -which is printed on excise invoice.

can some body explain on this

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have checked both with my FI and Excise colleagues who have confirmed that there is no such terminology used in invoice. May be it would have been LT which is local tax. From excise angle, I have come across LoU which is Letter of Undertaking.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where do you come across LTU ? For information, LTU refers to many words like Licence to Use, Land Treatment Unit etc.,

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please more details about your requirement?

Prase