cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid the standard spacing around the web dynpro?

jrgkraus
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am developing screens for small mobile devices. As every pixel counts on the screen, I would like to get rid of the standard spacing of about 10 pixel around the whole screen to gain more space for my screen elements. Is there a way?

Thanx to all

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I can say in general that Web Dynpro ABAP is not necessarily designed for mobile devices, has no special mobile rendering mode, and technically is not supported by SAP when running on mobile browsers.

You might find that you have to customize the theme to acomplish what you want. However I can't promise you that these options are even exposed via the theme editor. I've never tried to do what you are asking for, so you would have to experiement with the theme editor to see if it is possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is an online article about "Mobile Web Dynpro" [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/79/23c7410400c717e10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

but this is java-related.

So only Web Dynpro for Java supports mobile clients?

So why there is no mobile support for Web Dynpro ABAP,

i thought both are using the same hmtl/css-based UIElements?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Correct, only web dynpro java has mobile support. Although WDA and WDJ do share the same core set of rendering libraries, the mobile support is offered via alternative rendering. There is no technical limitation to WDA that restricts the functionality, there simply hasn't been enough customer interest in the functional to justify porting it to WDA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So are there any plans in the future to enable mobile support for WDA?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If there was enough customer demand then I'm sure we would consider it. We just haven't gotten that request very often. Then there is the added problem that even with the WDJ level of mobile support only offers a small subset of the UI elements. So one wonders how much of a use case there is for Web Dynpro in general on mobile devices. Should we focus on webkit support (Safari) and then we can offer the full Web Dynpro experience on a mobile device or should we try to shoehorn the framework into a UI subset that conforms to mobile devices with fewer capabilities?

We also have a lot of things planned for WDA so it would have to be prioritorized. I've seen the development plans for EnhP2 and let me tell you there are some really big things being worked on right now, so the WDA Foundation developers aren't exactly looking for things to work on.