Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we have one problem here. users are not able to use transactionslike FTWB, FTWC, FTWCF, FTWCS, FTWD for Audit Dart. . but they have allocated teh role with these transation. i have run PFUD also. I have de-allocated the role and re-allocated teh same role. still they have same problem.

I did user compare also.

please advise me how to resolve tegh issue.

many thanks,

Pravin

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pravin,

Have you run an ST01 authorisation trace against this id when they are trying to run these transactions?

Make sure the trace is active on the same application server that the user has logged on to and this will show if this is an authorisation issue.

The output of ST01 looks different depending on SAP release, but any non zero return codes for the authorisation objects, could be preventing the access to these transactions.

The auth trace is better than trying to review and SU53 as the trace will show all authorisation checks and their return codes, not just the last failure that SU53 picks up.

Your Basis guys should be able to assist with the tracing if you are not familiar with this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tole the user to run SU53, are they getting "You are not authorised " error. If yes , after running SU53 , it may be possible to run these tcodes may be some authorization values missing , or it requires authorization for other tcode too.

The SU53 screenshot , gives a better idea on error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pleas switch on trace with AUTHORITY CHECK and filter it for the particular user.

this is more better way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tell us the exact problem your users are facing.

so that we can help you out.

without proper information, it will be difficult to suggest any a solution .

cheers,

pratap

0 Kudos

When the thread is marked "Answered" then the question is usually solved, and by thanking and / or assigning opints an indication is made to what was very helpfull and what was normal helpfull.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pravin,

Please check with the users that the role containing those transactions is assigned and also check using SUIM.

If those users are having the role, then their might be problem with PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY, while running PFUD for the roles you have assigned to the users.

Regards,

VeerendraKumar.

0 Kudos

Did you read more than only the first post in this thread?

Especially Julius' reply to another poster about trying to get more information on an already answered question?

0 Kudos