cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to apply Patches in ECC 6.0 and in which order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have few patches for SAP Market Place.These are SAP_ABAP and SAP_BASIS patches level 10 to 12.ie. KB70010 to KB70012 and KA70010 to KA70012 and some other patches.We are facing some problem while accessing SAP Market Place.We need to to apply these patches through t-code saint.Can any one give me the order in which these patches are to be applied? Also please let me know whether they are to be applied which t-code SPAM or SAINT.

Please tell me the procedure also on how to apply these patches.

Regards,

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Read SAP Notes

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

You need to apply the patches using SPAM. SAINT is only used for component upgrade and installation.

Before starting to patch is always a good practice to take SPAM to the latest release.

About the order... As you are only patching SAP_BASIS and SAP_ABAP just patch first BASIS and take it from 10 to 11 to 12, once finished do the same for ABAP.

Any particular reason to only patch those 2 components? usually is much better to upgrade the whole lot using the right stack as reference.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

When you will be downloading patches click on info it will give you the information about the patch,then click on import condition you will find the information about the preriqusite of that patch. It that meet you can apply it by T-CODE SPAM.

There is no such order for more info look at below thread.

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find the dependencies in market place,

Any ways firstly basis,pi_basis,abap, I am not sure about the other compoents because they have many dependencies. Also you need to apply the suportpackages using SPAM.

Uncar the support packages

then load it using the spam and import them

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My current SPAM level is 21.Can i apply patches w/o upgrading my SPAM? and which component show the kernel level in transaction SPAM? .Also can any one tell me in which patch level does the transaction SOAMANAGER activated or what is the patch level required for same?

Do we need to apply the basis and abap and PI_basis patches alternately?

Regards,

Prasad

Edited by: Prasad Watve on Aug 29, 2008 8:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

It is possible if those patches are released before spam release 21 unless you can not.

It is always better to apply the latest spam.

You can not see lernel patch level in spam use sm51 release note for this.

Not really required to apply alternatively.

For example at the time of checking prerequisite for KB70012 i found only SAPKB70011 is required. if you applied SAPKB70011 you can apply KB70012 without applying KA70010, KA70011 or 12.

Regards

Ashok

Edited by: Ashok Dalai on Aug 29, 2008 8:49 AM